The Pack of Three: Chapter Three- Winter

On those few, winter days of being with only a newborn that does not help with anything and a sort of experienced wolf, we had our depressions, but we actually were able to live with some kind of edible plant Rainy showed me. The newborn pup is progressing, anyways. Mist has grown about an inch long and is now able to move. It is funny, the way that Mist assumes Rainy is her father, as Mist follows his every move. As for me, well, I admit, I don’t really do much, but I do take care of Mist while Rainy hunts, or should I say tries to hunt. Most of the time, other wolf packs seek the prey first, moreover, nothing, not even a squirmy, mini squirrel or rodent is left. The hunger and thirst quench my stomach, as it does as well to my fellow members of the pack. No luck finding a water source, but at dramatic measures, we must melt ice. However, due to the freezing, below zero degrees temperature, it is impossible to melt anything, as water just returns back to ice. However, occasionally, water drops leak in the cave and I am always determined as I try to lick a few drops of dirty water. Although dirty water is not quite as fresh as and tastier than normal water, when thirst conquers your body, there is no such thing as unhelpful water.

            One day, I decided to sit down, trying to imagine our pack without the battle between us wolves against the Dusk Shadows. After all, the outcome of all of this was terrible. No leader, no family, no home, no life. I can see Papa hunt with the rest of the wolves and I could see Mama with Luna, oh yes Luna, my dear sister. One of the Dusk Shadows members, Midnight, bites Luna on her upper left leg, and she collapsed. I remember Luna screaming my name in pain, as I ignored the call and decided to flee for my own safety. Of course, I regret everything that I did that night, making my sister basically my own kill, disgraced my own clan by not fighting hardest, and saw my family, including my pack dying on the bloody snow. Perhaps I was smack down lucky to not get wounded, even killed that fierce and scaring night. However, I acknowledge that it was my fault of the battle. Because I was the wolf who found that deer, because I was the one who make the mess, because I was the one who forced Jet to threaten the most dangerous wolf pack on Earth, the Dusk Shadows.