2.4

When Ashton and I were at his house and weren't in the mood to make out, we literally laid on his bed and did absolutely nothing.

I actually liked it, because I loved spending time with Ashton no matter what we were doing. If he wanted to go out somewhere I would go with him, but I was totally fine staying home with him if that's what he was in the mood for. Just being in Ashton's company was enough for me, we didn't have to do anything very special to have a good time.

"Murphy," Ashton whispered, his fingers tracing circles into some of the exposed skin on my hip. We had been laying in silence with each other for almost 20 minutes, and I thought that Ashton had actually fallen asleep.

"Yeah?" I responded, tilting my head back just a little to get a better view of him.

"Today at lunch, where did you go?" Ashton asked. "I went to get you water and then you disappeared."

I shifted position again until I was laying on my stomach with my chin resting on Ashton's chest, so I was able to look up at him. I let out a big sign, fighting with myself over whether or not I should tell Ashton the truth.

"Luke didn't tell you?" I asked.

"He wasn't there when I got back. Calum said he wasn't feeling good and went to the nurse, but he wasn't sure where you had run off to." Ashton said, licking his lips.

"Oh, I told him to tell you where I went." I said quietly. I probably should have listened to what Luke was saying to me in the lunchroom, before I ran of to talk to Michael. It really did seem kind of urgent, but I guess I just got caught up in other things.

"And where was that?" Ashton's lips broke into a full smile as he stared down at me. He moved his hand to the top of my head and raked his fingers through my hair, which felt a lot better than I would have imagined.

"I had to turn something in to one of my teachers and I wanted to make sure I got it to her right away." I lied. I decided that was a much more reliable lie than what I had previously told Luke, considering how long I actually spent talking to Michael.

"Oh, alright." Ashton nodded. "Was it the math homework? I forgot to turn that in too."

"Yeah." I said quietly, feeling awful about the fact that I was lying to him like this. I could easily just tell him that I've been talking to Michael, but I wasn't sure how either of them were going to like that. Michael obviously doesn't want me to tell Ashton about our friendship and I know that Ashton will be upset when he finds out I've been speaking to Michael behind his back. I felt bad for lying to Ashton, but I was torn. I cared about both of the boys too much to do that to either of them.

"I just got a little worried. You know, it's kind of weird when your girlfriend randomly disappears on you." Ashton chuckled, leaning down to press a kiss to my forehead.

I smiled back at him before I moved again and cuddled into Ashton's chest once more, putting us back in the position we were in before. Ashton wrapped his arm tightly around my waist and sighed, relaxing again.

It was a Monday night, so I knew that soon my dad would be coming home from work and I was expected to be there for dinner, so I would have to leave soon. I didn't want to leave Ashton's house, everything was so much better here. It was so quiet, even though my house was never that loud. There was hardly ever any fighting here, though, and it seemed my parents were always fighting on the rare occasion that they were actually home at the same time. Things were just so much simpler when I was over here, it was like an escape.

"Murphy?" Ashton whispered again, speaking suddenly.

"Uh huh?" I asked, this time not bothering to turn and face him.