The camp in the forest

Enjoy ;D

            *******

I was always different than the other kids growing up. I felt as if I could read their minds, I could blend in so well that I was nearly invisible, I was rather stronger and smarter than most kids, and I had a keen interest in fire. My older brother would always smile and call me a Pyromaniac but I never understood why he would smile. Was it funny? Or was it a good thing? I didn't ask though. I didn't many friends but I didn't try to make any. I was just another kid that went to the school, nothing big.

I live with my older brother, Blane, and he's 20 so he has his own little apartment. Our father left before I was born and our mother died in a car crash. But I only knew my mother for about a year. We moved from southern Colorado to Seattle, Washington. Just one day, Blane came home and said "Pack your things, we need to leave." He looked worried so I just did what he said. We would always run in the morning and he taught me this kind of martial arts. He's a little overprotective sometimes but, he's my older brother, I have to love him.

It was cloudy and I could tell it was about to rain. I had my nose in a science book when I saw Jake Nicholson staring at me. He is an anti social kid, probably 17, with dark yellow hair and blue eyes. Every time I look I see him staring at me. He has been for a few years. I told my brother but he said not to worry about him. I saw Blane pull up and when I looked back, Jake was gone.

"Perfect timing" I said when I got in the car. Once the rain started falling, Blane shook his head.

"You could predict a hurricane with that mind of yours." I probably could. I thought I saw Jake standing by a tree as we drove passed it. I don't know why he always stares at me but it freaks me out. I'm just afraid that he'll do something bad. "Watcha have on going through your head right now?"

"That kid, Jake, was staring at me again today." I saw his jaw clench and then relax.

"Just ignore him." But how can I ignore  someone who stares  at me 24/7? "Hey, he probably just has a crush on you." He said before nudging my shoulder.

After we got home, I went outside to play a little soccer. I could see Blane watching me from inside the kitchen so I just kept kicking the ball. I ended up kicking the ball too hard and it went into the trees. I looked and didn't see Blane in the kitchen. As I got passed a few trees, a squirrel ran across in front of me and spooked me a little. No one ever goes back here but no one says not to. I heard something fall a few feet in front of me but I kept walking. It was like trees followed by trees and endless forest. It was starting to get a little dark so I looked faster. Once there was another crash I started shaking. I thought I was going crazy when I started to hear voices.

"Hello?" I asked when a stick broke behind me. I turned around but no one was there. After a drop of rain fell on my cheek, I realized that I was lost. The voices grew louder, the rain fell faster, and my nerves went crazy. My heart just about stopped when I felt a hand on my arm. I turned and saw Blane so I couldn't help but hug him.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I-I was just looking for my ball then I started hearing voices and things moving around." He stared at me and must've seen the panic in my face so he sighed and said,

"Come on, let's get home. It's time for dinner." I nodded and put his arm around me as we walked back.  About half way back to the apartment, he turned his head and took a look back.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Nothing. What do you want for dinner?"

"Pancakes?" I asked and he smiled.

"Ahh, a 'Danni favorite BFD'." Meaning Breakfast for Dinner which usually consists of pancakes, juice, hash browns, toast and fruits.

After dinner, I was staring at myself in the mirror when Blane walked in.

"Ever hear of knocking?" I said to him.

"Once you start paying rent, then you can bug me about knocking." He came and stood by me as we just looked in the mirror. His hair is short and dirty blonde and his eyes were blue. But I have long brown hair with a red tint and dark green eyes. I guess we have the dimples and face shape in common. "You look like dad. Well, the picture of him." I lost my smile and we just stood there. I don't want to look like a man that was never there for us.

"He's not our father, Blane. A father is someone who is there to put a Band-Aid on your when you scrape your knee and dry your tears from it. The one who dries your tears after your first broken heart. The one who greets that special night after you spend hours getting ready for prom."

"Well, does that make me your father?" I turned and smiled at him. "I'll always be here for you Danni. Always. I promise. Even in 300 years."

"I don't know how you'll stick up with me for that long so, deal."

"Oh, so if it's a deal, what do I get when I win?"

"I'll tell you in 300 years." He smirked.

"Go to bed kid." He walked to the door and before he closed the door he said, "Don't go into the forest ok? Just for your protection. Night."

"Night."

             *******

I hope you enjoyed, if so then vote, comment, add, etc. Bye bumble bees!! <3