Truth or Dare

I threw myself on my bed in frustration.

Today was the day that I was going on my first date with Dean, one of my best guy friends that I have secretly liked for a while now. 

I know this is probably the most idiotic thing to worry about, but I couldn't decide what to wear. If I wore something girlie, he might not like it cause it's way different than my normal clothes. If I wear my normal clothes, he might think I don't care.

I eventually got up and threw on my The Beatles t-shirt and jeans. It was almost time to meet up with him and I had no time to dwell on it.

I jumped into my jeep liberty at around 6:45 PM and drove to the local park to meet up with him. I was supposed to meet him at 7:00, but ended up arriving about five minutes early so I sat at the picnic tables beside the playground to wait.

I pulled out my cellphone and sent my best friend a text that said, 'I'm so freaking nervous rite now!'

"Nervous, huh?" said the familiar voice I had been so anxious to hear all day. I flipped my phone shut, and turned to see Dean peering over my shoulder with a wicked little grin.

"...Shut up..." I said sheepishly, glaring at him playfully, then smiled like I would normally. "Let's go swing!!!"

I ran off in the direction of the swings, and he followed a bit more slowly. I was in the swing before he got there.

We swung for about ten minutes until I jumped out of mine when I was in the air and landed heavily on my butt.

"Well, that hurt..." I said, leaning back on my hands so I could see Dean who was now making his way over to me.

"I bet it did," he said while plopping himself down next to me. "That's what happens when you jump off a swing and don't land on your feet."

"Once again, shuddup!" I said, poking him in the face. "Let's play truth or dare!!!"

"Okay, you go first," he said, poking me in the face as well.

"Okay, Truth or Dare Deeeaaaan???"

"Dare!"

"I dare you to..." All of the things I wanted to say were to embarrassing to say. "Do whatever you want!"

"Eh... I can't do that..." he replied with a secretive little smile.

"And why not...?" I asked, a million possibilities running through my mind, as I noticed that we were the only two people on the playground now.

"Because..." He reached up and stroked my arm in a way that gave me goosebumps. "I want... to..."

He ran his fingers up my arm and through my pale blond hair making me shiver and exhale quickly. I could feel my face growing extremely warm as he leaned in and allowed his lips to press against mine gently.

I just sat there, completely frozen like an idiot, astonished. My heart was beating faster than it ever had, my stomach was tingling, and my whole body was heating up in an embarrassing way. I wanted to run away.

He pulled away slowly.

"I'm sorry...I- um..." he mumbled, touching his lips cautiously. 

"I can't believe I froze up like an idiot!" I blurted out, soon after slapping my hand over my stupid traitorous mouth.

Dean was suddenly chuckling wildly beside me.

"Don't laugh at me!" I said, glaring at him.

"You're so cute," he said with a genuine smile. He reached up and pulled my hand from my mouth and began to lean in again. "Just don't freeze up again."

"Oka-" I was cut of by his lips.