IX.

Just a reminder: David and Chelsie are Tyler's parents while Arthur and Janice are Hunter's parents. That is all.

New Tyler/Hunter banner on the right! >>

*** WARNING: This chapter contains explicit sexual content. Read at your own risk. ***

* This chapter may or may not contain grammatical errors and typos. *

* * * * * * *

Stan's POV

Hunter is one of my best friends. We've been friends since medical school and he's the most intelligent person I know. He's actually the youngest person I know. How many doctors do you know that are only 28 years old? Not a lot, right?

You guessed it, I'm old than Hunter. I'm actually 4 years his senior. I can never measure up to intelligence and by the way he treats me, I'm an incompetent person to him. I didn't take offense to it though, because I know he's just playing around... sometimes.

It's been a year though since Francine left and Hunter still hasn't gotten over her. At times I see him stare off into the distance only to be caught off-guard by me or by Ina. Seriously, at time like that, he gets very unresponsive and it scares the hell out of me.

"He seems to be getting better," Ina started as she put some supplied away in the cabinets.

"Better how?" I asked, watching Hunter walking around with his nurses as he did his rounds.

"Well, for one he doesn't blank out anymore," I nodded and went back to writing on my clipboard.

"Uh-huh," I said, urging her to continue.

"And he just seems much happier. Especially today," she chirped.

I glanced again at Hunter and he does seem to be smiling a lot today. He looks especially looks attractive and sexy with his happier mood. If you haven't noticed, I'm gay. I've actually had a crush on Hunter ever since we met, but I know he's straight. His past girlfriend serves as evidence to that.

I always pretended to be straight in front of him because I didn't want him finding out that I have a crush on him, but I really don't know why. I know he has nothing against gay people because I heard his brother is also gay. Too bad he's 7 years my junior.

"You're right Ina. I wonder what could be causing his happier mood?" I asked with a curious tone.

"Maybe it's because of that Tyler kid," she said thoughtfully.

"Isn't Hunter straight though?"

"Yeah, but there could be exceptions. Maybe those two are meant to be together." I frowned at the thought. "I'm sorry, Stan. I know you've always had a thing for him."

"It's okay. I didn't expect anything from him anyway. At least he's happy now. That Francine lady really took a toll on his overall mood. He became grumpier after she left."

"Yeah. Hey, do you wanna go clubbing later?"

"Clubbing? I don't know. I can't stand being in those straight clubs. There's nothing in it for me."

"Don't worry, we'll go to a gay club," she beamed. Her smile immediately brightened up my day. Ina always knew how to take care of me. She probably knows that I needed a little cheering up because of the implicit rejection I got from Hunter though he never knew about my feelings.

Hunter walked up to us as soon as he finished his rounds.

"What's up, Hunter? What's with the bright mood today?" Ina asked accusingly.