6.

It's finally the weekend, which is one of the best feelings in the world. No rush to get to any class and I get to sleep in, just a calm day for once. School can honestly mentally and physically drain you daily, thank goodness there are weekend to basically rejuvenate. I already made a list of things I had to do today, including starting my college essay hopefully. I was hoping my mother was home, I've barely see her all week. I go to my bathroom to shower and get ready before making my way downstairs, I could hear my mom talking to someone. I had a towel wrapped on my head and a robe on as I get to the kitchen to see the one and only...

"Kate! There you are, good morning!" My mom comes up to me and hugs me as I stand there, incredibly confused.

"Uh, good morning. What are you doing here?" I ask as my mom steps away to grab a cup for coffee.

"Kate," my mom responds sternly, "that's no way to speak to your teacher."

I roll my eyes and go to pour myself some coffee and add a little bit of creamer to it before turning around. I sip on my coffee as I stare at him, talking to my mother who is beaming from happiness. What is going on? I make myself some toast and peanut before before my mom calls me over.

"Kate! We have some exciting news..." She says and motions to Harry.

"Yes, your mother has agreed to let you go to a five-week music camp." He responds, I almost choked on my toast. What?!

"You're joking, right?" 

"No, honey. It's only five-weeks long, it's a program that your school has and it sounds just what you would like to do!" My mom tells me.

"Yes, it is! But what about actual school? How am I even going to graduate if I'm missing five weeks?" I argue as Harry sits there quietly, sipping on his tea.

"Well, I wouldn't think that the school would offer such an opportunity if it causes students to not graduate. Correct?" 

"I would have to think about this, mom. Five weeks isn't nothing, that's almost half a semester." I respond and give Harry a glare. It was obviously his idea, why else is he here?

"Well, what if I told you that you were one of the thirty students chosen to attend?" Harry tells me.

"But I never even applied to that,"

"It's still a really good opportunity, Kate. Just think about it, okay?" My mom smiles at me sweetly.

"Fine,  I will."

In a way, this is definitely a great opportunity because I have wanted to just focus on music and nothing else. No stupid math or science, only music. I go back in my room to change before opening up my computer and look at my college essay. I still have left it blank, not even an introduction because I literally have nothing to write about. How can I stand out? There's probably loads of students who go to band camps or art camps. Why would this one be different? However, what if I learn something life changing? 

"Fine," I reply. He smiles before asking for my phone. I hand it to him as he texts my mom for me that I'm sleeping over at a friends house tonight. Later on we end up cuddling and not doing anything other than that.

"I still find it weird," I say. "That you're my teacher and it's almost like you were never one to me."

He laughs lightly before looking down at me.

"I'm no teacher, baby." He smiles.

________

Revised January 2019.