Lewis

Lewis

“Where are we going?” She asked curiously.

“You'll see.” He replied and smirked. She sighed loudly as she replied,

“Okay, okay. Can I get a clue?” He glanced over at her and smiled, his teeth glinted in the sun.

“Hmmm, okay here's one, how about no.” He laughed at himself. She gasped and slapped his arm playfully. She looked out of the tinted window and noticed where he was taking her.

“Train tracks.” She whispered.

“What was that?”Lewis said sarcastically, not taking his eyes off the road ahead of him.

“I know where we are going.” She smiled.

“I should have blindfolded you.” He teased. He parked the car and walked around to open the door for her.

“What a gentleman.” She said sarcastically. He shut the door behind her and took her hand. They walked towards the train station.

“We are going to the country side.”

Once they boarded the train they found a cosy compartment to sit in. The compartments were very small but just big enough for two. The seats were made of leather which was dyed red. They were situated right next to a large glass window. They sat right next to each other. She pulled her legs to her chest, she looked ecstatic. He wrapped his arms around her, hugging her tightly as he planted a sweet kiss on her cheek. She smiled shyly.

“So, where in the country side are we headed?” She asked eagerly.

“Hmmm, you'll see.” The train was rolling on the tracks at a quickening pace; the sound was melodic, relaxing. Hayley leaned back into the leather seat, settling herself in for the journey. They chatted about random topics; school, friends, futures, most things about their lives. Lewis sat with his back against the glass window. The country side was beautiful, never-ending fields of green and blankets of white clouds drifting in the sky. The sight was breath-taking. She stopped mid- sentence to stare out into the distant fields.

“It’s beautiful right?' He said. She nodded her head, her eyes opened wide in amazement.

“Not nearly as beautiful as you are.” Lewis said charmingly.

“Aww, that was truly amazing.” She said as she gazed into eyes. Α smile danced on his mouth. She leaned forward to kiss him but ended up falling off the seat as the train came to a halt. He laughed at her clumsiness but then got up to help her. She got up and held her head in her hands, partially because she was embarrassed and also because she hurt it.

“Owww.” She sobbed. He hugged her tightly.

“You need to drink something, and to sit down. Come on; let's get off this metal death trap.” He laughed to himself.

He held her close so that she wouldn't get lost in the crowd of people visiting the countryside. They found the nearest coffee shop and sat at a table in the corner. Lewis ordered a glass of water for himself and a chocolate milkshake for her.

“It’s the only thing I could think of that would make you feel better.” She groaned as she touched a faint cut on her head.

“Let me get that for you.” He took one of the serviettes from the table and dabbed it gently on her head. She grimaced.

“Sorry.” He whispered as he took out his wallet out of his back jeans pocket. He pulled out a plaster and put it on her forehead.

“Thanks.” She said sincerely and kissed his cheek lovingly.

“Feel better?” He asked as he sat back in the chair.

“Mmmhm.” she mumbled.