Hayley

Hayley

Her lilac room was so welcoming to her, she felt content. She flopped, face down on her bed, it was so comfortable. Lewis sat on the edge of the bed; she got up and sat next to him, grabbing at his hands.

“What's wrong?” Hayley turned his face to face her. He pulled her hands from his face into his own and played with them.

“I, I thought I was going to lose you.” Lewis didn't lift his eyes to meet hers. “I really thought I would, and I don't know what I would have done if I did.”

“Hey, come on now, don't dwell on that, I'm here,” She put her hand on his chest, “I'm still here and I will always be.” He pulled her close to him, wrapping his big arms around her. She felt warm inside. He rested his head on her shoulder and breathed in deeply.

“Your hair smells like apples.” He mumbled into her long brown hair.

“Ha-ha, is that a compliment?” He nodded slightly and then pulled her down to lie on the bed. She giggled, she finally felt home again. They lay face to face, gazing into each other’s eyes. He leaned forward and kissed her lips softly, then again and again, desperately, needing more and more. Their hungry passion burned for each other.

“Why can’t we stay like this forever?” he whispered. They fell asleep in each other’s arms, she felt safe and serene. She once again woke in the early hours of the morning to that same horrifying dream. She hadn’t dreamt about it in weeks, not since she was rushed into hospital and now it returned, but instead of it ending with herself whispering Lewis’ name, it had a twist to it. The water seemed stronger, the current would pull at him, causing him to sink slowly, and he would disappear under the water. She could never get to him in time. The dream was much darker, and even more dangerous. She needed to find out what was going on with her. She once again held onto him, tightly. She wanted to feel safe like she had before. He woke up, slightly in a daze.

“Is everything okay?” He asked as he sat up in her bed and rubbed his eyes. “Was it that dream again?” She nodded as a few tears ran down her cheeks.

“I don't know what it means.” She said as she wiped away the tears.

“Hey,” he reached out and touched her arm, “hey don't cry. You’ll be safe in my arms. Come here.” He took her into his arms and hugged her securely. She cried into his chest as he held her and brushed his fingers through her hair.

“We need to get you to a shrink.” He said quietly.

“I'm not mad!” She said, raising her voice.”

“Shhh, I know, I know you aren't, but we need to figure out what this dream is. Why is it bothering you?”

“Okay, yeah I guess you’re right.” She whispered, settling back in his arms. He kissed the top of her head and carefully and gently played with her hair until she fell asleep again.

The sun shone lazily through the windows. Hayley squinted slightly; he lifted his head behind her. His arm wrapped around her protectively. She felt herself smile. Lewis kissed her bare shoulder before he threw himself out of her bed and stretched.

“What do you want to do today?” Lewis asked.

“Hmm, haven't really thought about it.” Hayley replied. He laughed quietly,

“I have an idea. But I'm not telling you, it's a surprise.”

“No, tell me.” Hayley batted her eyelashes at him.

“Don't bat your baby-blues at me; you know I can't resist them.” He teased. She crawled across the bed and stood on her knees on the edge. She pulled his collar of his baggy T-shirt and kissed his lips. He smiled at her; his eyes were as blue as the sky.

“Will you tell me now?” She said in between kisses.

“Ha-ha nice try short stuff.” He said as he picked her up, off the bed.

“Get dressed; we are leaving in twenty minutes.”

“TWENTY MINUTES!” She gasped.

“Better hurry.” He said in a sing-song tune. He had already cleared the plans with her parents and got their permission to borrow their car.

“They don't even allow me, their own daughter, to use their car, how did you do it?” She asked, completely stunned.

“I have my ways.” He chuckled. “Come on, let's go.” He said as he pulled her hand to get out the door. The sun was hot, it was a beautiful day. “You look great by the way.” He said as they got into the car.