The Mystery

Chapter 1

            I spotted a dashing young man across the bar table, and I immediately wanted to know more. Myself being the curious type, I gathered my hat and finished my scotch, then walked over to the before mentioned man’s table.

“This seat taken?” I said, my voice dripping with longing.

“Nah, doll. But I wouldn’t recommend sitting with the likes of me. I’m what they classify as ‘dangerous’.” His voice was as smooth as silk, nothing that matched the harshness of his ice-blue eyes.

“Then you’re just my type.” I retorted. I didn’t give him time to respond before I sat down. His eyebrows raised slightly as I called over the waiter to order another scotch.

"You sure about that, doll?" 

"I've got a lot to forget about right now." I said, hoping I had him curious. That's the thing about flirting these days. It's all about the mystery.

"Well, I won't hold you to it. Believe me, we've all had those days. So what's got your panties in a knot?"

I was surprised by his directness. I had absolutely no idea where this night was going to end with all this hell-raising.

"Ah, just some ex-boyfriends...," I look over to see him staring at another woman," But I won't trouble you with that, you asshole!" I grab my purse to go and realize he hasn't noticed I was leaving. He was still staring at that woman! I saw his gaze move down from her face... farther down until he was staring at her upper thigh.... which had a weird bulge on it. 

"Hey, why is there a-" The man I just met grabbed my waist and kissed me long and hard. His lips tasted like sugar and I just couldnt get enough. It seemed that just as soon as it started, it had stopped though. When we parted, he looked over to see if that woman was still there, and she was.

"I cannot believe you just did that to get attention from her, you low-life scoundrel! I don't even know you're name, and-"

"My name is Dylan."

"Well, pleased to make your acquaintance, Dylan. I'm Emmie." I turned my back to the woman, no longer daunted by her. I only made that mistake once.

Chapter 2

I heard it before I saw it. The bearcat had pulled a revolver and shot it at Dylan! Why would this guy I barely knew be getting shot at? I don't associate myselves with those type of people... do I?