Epilogue

"So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me ... every day." ― Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook

It was Christmas was once again.

Six years had passed since the moment Scott jumped on those blue benches at the Airport dressed in a soldier's uniform.

Six amazing years that were filled with amazing moments as well as agonizing ones.

So many things had changed, yet so many had stayed the same...

We had been engaged for a year before getting married. Since our engagement video had reached you tube's most viewed video in only a few hours, we had become one of the most followed and public couples of all times. We had to give a gazillion interviews, as well as pose for numerous pictures. The paparazzi were still following our every move, even after six years.

I had gotten used to it.

That didn't mean that I liked it.

I hated the fact that people wondered what flavor of gum I had chewed this afternoon and even voice an opinion on it. Yes. It had come to that. Yet, the publicity helped us to become irrevocably official.

Needless to say, the Queen hated my guts.

I think she hated me even more as the years passed. She was polite when it was needed but ignored me completely whenever she could.

Whatever.

She still invited Elaine to every social event, and I mean all of them. The girl glared at me the whole time. I felt sorry for her. She was too bitter at a really young age...I sincerely hoped that one day she'd find happiness...

I felt the same for Sonya. She had just married an old Duke. Key word on old. I think he was over his eighties. He was obviously rich and that's all that mattered to her. It was really sad to see her literally waiting for him to die. I mean, what kind of life is that? Yes, she was now loaded...but money doesn't buy happiness or love...I could only imagine how lonely and sad her life could be.

One word described it perfectly: pathetic.

Scott and I didn't have financial problems...but that was something that we didn't like to gloat about. We tried to live a normal life. As normal as it could be under the circumstances.

I still worked with my father from time to time. I was more focused on working with orphanages. I was fighting to get them more funds, to take the kids out to museums, parks and the theatre. My heart broke for those kids who looked so sad at times.

We lived in a rather small house at the outskirts of London. I didn't want to live in one huge mansion with more rooms that we could ever have a use for. So, we looked for a nice yet kind of private house that we could live in. We tried to do the same things any normal newlywed couple, like splitting the house chores and having fights about who had to take the garbage out every other day.

We loved it.

We were just Scott and Emily at home.

There was no protocol. No paparazzi. No freaky hats (I had to wear them once in a while, even after all my protests to Scott).

I'm not sure if the Queen was relieved that I wasn't using one of the countless properties of the Crown or was upset that we were doing things our way. I guess it really didn't matter since the woman was permanently mad at me...

Whatever.

I really didn't care what she had to say about us. She always seemed to find something wrong with us. There was just one thing that every time she mentioned got to me.