CHAPTER 4

"Who is this calling from a blocked number?" I questioned my buzzing phone.

"Hello?"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" A female's voice screamed from the other end of the phone.

"Jess?"

"One and only. What are you doing? You can't call nobody?" She questioned.

"I'm sorry, I've been too busy adjusting here."

"I understand. So, what are you doing?"

"Well , I'm watching a little television until later?"

"Uh what's later?" She questioned.

"Well I'm going to a party tonight with a friend, nothing major."

"Out there trying to shake your ass huh?" She joked. "I can not wait to come visit you."

"I know, I miss you too. When are you coming?"

"I'm free in a few more weeks. By then, I'll have the money to catch a plane there."

"Great. So we can catch up on everything."

"Yesss. Well, I'm going let you get ready. Have fun and be safe. Love ya."

"Ok, love ya. Bye."

"Bye."

********

Shit, Shit, Shit

It was already a quarter pass ten and Keira stated that she would be here to pick me up before eleven. I grabbed my towel and my new body wash I had purchased from bath and body works, and flew into the bathroom.

Finishing my shower, I was left with twenty minutes to dress to perfection.

DAMMIT!

Using my time wisely, I ran into my bedroom and started drying off. I put on my bath and body works lotion, my deodorant, and my underwear. I grabbed my mini makeup bag and my hair curlers and plopped done in front of the mirror. I put on my eye liner, mascara, and added some red MAC lipstick.

Once I was finished with my hair and makeup, I cautiously slipped on my dress I had purchased from the mall earlier today. Following up, I put on my black high heels and grabbed my black purse. I tossed a few needed items in to my mini purse and walked out of my room.

As soon as I reached the bottom stairs, I heard Keira beep her horn to get my attention.

"Okay, mom I'm leaving." I informed my mom.

"Okay Niyah, have fun. Be safe." She called out from the kitchen.

I ran out the front door, got in Keira car, and she sped off.

_____

___________

Enjoying the fairly short drive, I listened to my music I had plugged into Keira's AUX cord. Coming to an end of a song, we pulled up in front of a large building that looked almost abandoned. The paint on the building was chipping away and most of the walls were covered in graffiti. It looked like it havent been touched in years.

"Okay,we're here." She pulled into an open parking spot and cut the car off.

"Um, whats here?"

"The club." She confirmed.

"Wow this looks fun." I said sarcastically. "I always liked partying in infected, creepy, abandon buildings."

"Have your mother ever tell you to never judge a book by its cover? Now come on." She said, hopping out the car.