Chapter Twenty-Three.

I stepped back when the wolf looked at me and this dread feeling punched me hard in the stomach. I held tighter onto the flashlight that my fingers turned white.

The wolf raised its head and next thing I know, it did something I never expected. I heard whooshing sound—the same noise I heard a moment ago when Scott was behind the tree and next thing I know, Scott was bending down on his knees with his hands on the ground. Stark naked.

He looked up at me and I could hear my own heart beat pounding in my ears. I felt kind of light headed and dizzy. My breathing was becoming hard and I think I was actually starting to hyperventilate.

He got up from the ground, my eyes following his top half. He held his hands up. “Okay, Abigail, relax—no, wait!” he yelled when I turned to run away, but he was quicker and grabbed a hold of me. “I know it’s a surprise and shocking, but this is who is I am.”

I tried to get out of his hold. “Scott, you’re a—a—a monster!” I yelled trying harder. Oh my god, he’s a freaking werewolf! How in hell could this be possible!?

“No I’m not, Abigail.” he said, turning me around in his arm. “Look, I’m sorry—ahh!” he yelled when I slapped him across the face. When he didn’t let go of me, I slapped him again, but harder. His arms slipped off from around me and I turned, running like my life depending on it!

I need to get away from him before next thing I know he hurts me! I pushed branches from tress and jumped over logs. I needed to get back to the house…

Wait, is Scott’s whole family like he is?

I heard a growl from behind me and next thing I know, something knocked me over. I cried out and hit the snow ground. I heard the whooshing sound again and Scott spoke, “Abigail, I get that your scared and I probably should have told you in another way, but I didn’t know how. I have thought many times about how I could tell you this, but I thought this would be quicker.”

“Get off me!” I yelled. “What the hell are you? Oh my god, Scott, please don’t kill me!”

“Kill you? Are you crazy?” he asked. “Where would you get that idea at?”

“You’re a werewolf for Christ sakes!” I said in a very duh way.

“Yes, I am a werewolf, but I’m not dangerous.” he said. “You watch too many movies, we’re harmless, I promise.”

“What do you mean you're harmless? You turn into a giant dog with big scary fangs!!”

“Abigail, can you please stop yelling? I have good hearing and it’s kind of hurting my ears.” he said.

“Get off me then!” I yelled.

“Promise you won’t run again?” he asked.

I hesitated, thinking about it. I don’t think I have much of a choice since he probably catch me again. “I promise.”