Chapter 1: Graduation

"Amberlynn! Get up!" My mother called. I ignored her, and burrowed further under my covers. "Amberlynn May!" She shouted. Her voice was closer now. I lay there, a still lump under the covers.

Suddenly, my feet were exposed to the coolness of my room. Warm hands latched around my ankles. One yank, and I was pulled from the comfort of my bed. I hit the floor with a loud thud, the cover still twisted in my hands. I looked up at her, blowing a strand of hair out of my face.

"Why?" I grunted.

"Do you want to graduate high school?" She asked. I thought back three years ago, to Niall's face on my computer, and his promise that when I graduated he would come and get me. I had been waiting for this day for three years. I wanted to graduate more than anything.

"Of course I do!" I exclaimed. My mother crossed her arms, and smiled knowingly.

"Then get up and get ready or you'll be late!" She said, and left, leaving me sitting in the floor, staring after her. I reached for my phone where it lay on the bed. The ceremony didn't start until 7:30. It was just now 2:00. I grunted in frustration, and tossed my phone back on the bed. I had had a late night. A rough night. I had sent all of the boys an invitation to my graduation weeks ago, telling them the time and place. I had never received an answer from any of them. So, last night, I started to panic. I stayed on Skype all night, staring at the list of names of people available to chat, waiting for Niall or one of the other boys to get on-line.

When the time for Niall and I's nightly video chat came and went, I was crushed. I slammed my laptop shut angrily, and shoved it away from me. It hit the floor with a loud thump. My eyes blurry with tears, I picked up my phone, and typed in my password. It took a few tries, but I finally the code right.

No new messages.

I cried out in frustration. Maybe something had happened, and he wans't able to get on at our normal time. If he gets on, and I'm not on-line, he'll text me.

So there I sat. In the middle of my bed, on top of the covers, my legs crossed, my phone clutched in my hand. My heart beat picked up each time it buzzed. I would hastily unlock it, only to find that it wasn't Niall. It would be other friends wanting to talk, or inviting me to parties. I did have other friends. It's just that I wasn't as close to them as I was to Niall. He was the only one that mattered to me right now.

After an hour of this, and no word what-so-ever from Niall, I moved the covers over me, and buried myself in them. And then I cried myself to sleep. That was at 4:39 this morning.

And now, here I was.

I slowly got up off the floor. Bending over, I picked up my cover. I wadded it up, and tossed it back on the bed. Grabbing the remote from my nightstand, I flopped into the recliner. I flipped through the channels to find that The Breakfast Club was just now coming on. I watched it, which killed about two hours, and then I watched Family Guy which killed about another two hours.

After finishing the plate of popcorn chicken and fries my mom had given me, I checked the time. It was 6:15. I walked over to my i-Pod dock, and turned to Pump It by The Black Eyed Peas. I put it on repeat, turned it all of the way up, and closed my bedroom door as the music filled my room.

I walked into my bathroom, leaving the door open so I could hear the music, and climbed into the shower. When I was clean, I jumped out, and wrapped a towel around. Then, I danced to my closet. Literally.

I picked out a denim skirt that fell just above my knees. Underneath that, I put on a pair of black leggings, They went down to the middle of my calf. I pulled on a pink shirt with slits in the back, and a black cami under that. I put on a pair of sketchers that stopped at my ankle. I straightened the unruly mess that was my hair into it's normal hair-do. I plugged my curling iron in, and curled a few strands, leaving the rest straight.