Heartbeat 17: There is a first for everything.

That was close! But the doorbell won't rang for a second time. I won't be able to escape next time!

"Sora, aren't you going to eat?"

I should think of an alibi while I still can. Should I try telling him again that it would be better if I stayed at Setsu's house? Or maybe I should just go home? Or...

"Itadakimasu," Umeru said before leaning on the table.

*kisses*

Eh?

"W-What was that for!?"

"Oh. That was good. Are you eating or not?"

*blushes*

What's with that? Seriously, why won't my heartbeat slow down? It's been like this since I saw him come out of the shower.

*fidgets*

"Itadakimasu," I said trying hard not to meet his eyes. If I do, my heart will surely burst out of my chest!

"Oh. Do you want me to give you another kiss?" he asked as with a teasing smile.

"I-Idiot. Who would ask for something like that?" I chomped down my food.

"Oh."

Honestly, this idiot. I really don't undestand him. Sometimes he'd look all innocent and kind then he'd look all sexy and devious. Or sometimes he'd look gentle then a few moments later he'd just suddenly push you down. But I fell in love with him. Who I don't understand the most is... myself. Hahh...

It was too late when I noticed that Umeru had leaned over the table again. He held my chin then slightly tilted my face on the right. He licked the corner of my lips.

*fumes*

"Wha-- Wha--"

"There was a grain of rice," he said while pointing to the corner of his lips.

"C-Can't you remove it in a more normal way? Like with your hand or you should have just told me. I-I can remove it myself!"

"Ehh? But that was an opportunity to kiss you."

*dumbfounded*

Ahhh. When I think of it, I also want to do something like that to him...

.

.

.

No, no, no, no. I meant I also want him to feel embarrassed! I'm always the one in this kind of situation. Hahaha... haha. That's definitely it. *sweats*

"Thanks for the food. That was great!"

"T-Thanks for the food."

"You better take a shower now."

"Y-Yeah."

It'll be a good opportunity to separate from him for a few minutes. M-Maybe my heart would calm down a bit that way.

"Sora..."

"What is it?"

"... No. It's nothing."

"Is that so...?"

*closes*

He's about to say something to me, isn't he? Did he just... hesitated? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(in Umeru's POV)

After Sora closed the door, I went to the bed where he was lying earlier. I flopped down. The bathrobe I'm wearing rubbed against the bed sheet making a soft shuffling sound.