Blister's plan

Blister was always a clever dragon, always having untold ideas and plans about everything, everything.
Never once did she rush into something, like her idiotic sister Burn. Never did she let others do it for her, like Blaze always did. She would always analyze the situation before anything else, she was always  three steps ahead.

She knew exactly what she was doing when she 'killed' her mother, she knew how to cover up her tracks. It's what she was best at, lying, tricking. Call it whatever, she was the Queen of it. Blister, Queen of lies, that's what she was, she had a sliver tongue and she was proud of it.
But Blister wasn't some cliché villain with evil armies and plans and what not. Nope, she was just a dragon who wanted what she was destined for, the throne.

To be Queen of the Sandwings, that was her prophecy, her destiny, her burden. And she wasn't going to let her stupid sisters and some dumb fake prophecy ruin it for her. But she knew that Burn and Blaze wanted the title too and, they would probably stop at nothing to get it.

That was why Blister was planing on doing something unpredictable (even for her).

She was going to be leaving a legacy behind, in case hers was cut short.
She knew that in times of war, she may die, which she was definitely not gonna let happen, but under the circumstances, she was prepared. She needed a follower, someone with her royal blood line, someone who was completely and utterly devoted to her needs, who would die for her, who would kill for her, and do anything she asked it to. And what better than her own dragonet?

She thought she was crazy at first, to be daughter who wants the throne, while having a daughter. Who could possibly kill her and take the throne for herself, it was stupid to think of such things, not to mention it was beyond risky. But something that comes with cons always has its pros, Blister would be stupid not to question them.

But after mental arguing and agreeing, she finally made the decision.

And tonight was its hatching day.

Since the dragons birth was secret, she hadn't told anyone, and for nine months she had to go off the grid completely . Some even assumed she died, idiots.
Also since it was a secret, she couldn't have the egg hatch in her usual hide out.
Everything had to be perfect, and if that meant the egg was gonna hatch outside the Sandwing Kingdom, so be it.

Blister was currently curled up in a tight ball as she tiredly watched the pale gold Sandwing egg. Her head rest in her talons, making the urge to sleep even more irresistible

Right now, Blister and her soon-to-be-dragonet where at the border of the Kingdom of Sand and Jade mountain. She couldn't risk being in the desert, Burns troops might be patrolling. She was hidden under a few trees and shrubs, her egg, glistening gold in the moons light.

The three moons were almost aligned perfectly, just a few more minutes till the moons light was at its brightest.

Blisters eye lids felt heavy, after two days of nonstop working she was feeling the symptoms of her tiredness. But the thrill of today's event kept her semi awake.

Even if her young dragonet was her benefit purpose only, she was excited to think about what her child would do for her. She had plans to make her kin the ultimate weapon for her use only.
She could already imagine it, a young beautiful dragonet on the outside, but on the inside a loyal daughter to Queen Blister. Of course Blister couldn't have any attachments what so ever to the dragonet, attachments led to sadness and death.
She had experience with both.

Whilst Blisters was off in another world thinking of the plans she had for her daughter, the Sandwing egg began to rock side to side until, the sound of a shell cracking snapped her from her daydream.

The once pale golden egg, had now turned a light brown and gold color with flecks of bright yellow splashed around. Blister stared at it for a moment in awe,'how did that happen...' She thought, oddly fantasized.

The beautiful egg was slowly cracking, Blister watched in anticipation, he talons fiddling with one another.

(Blister would never admit it, but a small part of her felt uncontrollable happiness when thinking of her dragonets future. Deep down she was excited to have a baby.)

First it was a small poke about the size of an eyehole, but soon bit by bit it broke off, then, it stopped and the whole shell top was cracked . Something suddenly popped out, it was the small head of a dusty gold Sandwing.
Blister honestly not knowing what to do watches it silently. What would it do next? She wondered. Blister remembered she once read in a scroll saying that the first sight a dragonet sees when it's born, it will trust without hesitation, or that's at least what the scroll said. Queen Oasis certainly wasn't the first sight I saw. Blister thought bemused by the whole situation.

The little dragonets head turned around looking at its surroundings with narrowed black eyes, as if judging everything, good or bad, Blister was taking a liking to her already.
Finally black eyes met black, and for a split-second Blister saw a glint of something in them...? Was that, was that...interest...? Ha,so the dragonet is as interested in me as I am in her.

Blister's lips curled into a grin showing some of her pointed sharp teeth, the baby dragonet titled its head at her as if asking, 'what are you planing.' Of course a newborn dragonet wouldn't know even the slightest of what she was planing, but it's not like she needed to know.

In a sign of 'trust', Blister put out her talons to the small dragonet, who just stared at them curiously before slowly lifting up hers and examining it. For Blister it was interesting nonetheless to see a dragonet understand what it and everything is, and very entertaining, little creature didn't know anything!

After minutes of patiently waiting, the dragonet placed its talons in her own. They were warm and soft, so very very delicate.

With a small smile, Blister leaned forward more, her forked tongue flicking out.
And with her eyes gleaming and mind ticking, she said with her most gentle hushed voice as to not scare the baby dragonet.

"I think I'll call you, Scorpion."

____________________________________

Wow, 1111 words! Kinda wish it was an even amount...

How did you like it? If anyone reading has any suggestions about character or what I should do next please do inform me.
I am desperate!

Hoped you like and please carry on reading.