Prologue

Hi there :) Before you proceed reading this, I want you to know that the paragraphs in italics are flashbacks!!! Okayyy! Because some got confused.  

NOW READ! :)

Prologue

       The alarming sirens echo throughout the wet gloomy forest. I caught my breath quickly, cursing at the mud my car almost slips in, trying to hide away from the police. I focused on my windshield sternly, ignoring every raindrop that fell hard on my windshield with the wiper swaying continuously. At any moment, my heart picking up speed, I glanced quickly to my bag that lay next to me with a weak impish smirk."

*******

      “I’m sorry, but the only thing we could do is an operation,” the doctor told me nervously. He can’t look at me in the eye. Suddenly I felt pain and frustration crawl over my body. How could this happen? What will I do now? Oh no! He’s the only thing left for me. Oh God please don’t let this happen. Please help my father. Don’t let him leave me please! I’ll do everything! I silently prayed over and over. Too many questions flooded my system. 

    “How much?” my mouth automatically brought out those words even though I knew that the only thing in my pocket was just my old truck keys. Tears just kept running down through my cheeks. Oh God! Everything was a blur and I can even barely understand what the doctor is saying. He kept on explaining to me what my father’s state is, but none of his words registered in my mind.

   “He needs a donor for his heart and he lost a lot of blood so we will b…” the doctor stopped for a little while to look at my father lying lifeless in the hospital bed with a lot of medical apparatus attached to him which seems to be the only thing that’s been keeping him alive. It’s ripping my heart apart. This is entirely my fault! I should be the one laying down in that bed and not HIM if I had only opened the door this isn’t going to happen!

  “Seven hundred eighty seven thousand dollars and we’ll be ready for the operation.”               

******** 

     I poked the memory bubble that suddenly came up to me. I counted my heartbeats until I’m calm. I got the money. I can do this. I won’t let anything happen to ruin everything I planned. I drove as far as I could, even though it was really difficult to drive along a wet road with the rain falling hard on my windshield.

       Focus. I kept that in mind while driving, I can’t afford bumping into trees or anything. Shivers crept on my back as my heartbeats became rapid. The siren of the police cars are slowly fading along with the audible pounding heartbeats on my chest, I looked at my rearview mirror and saw nothing but trees and darkness. Hope bubbled up inside me. Finally I lost them.

      I did it! I can’t believe this! I thought that bad guys always get caught in the movies. I guess I belong to those lucky ones that can’t be caught, and this was even my first time robbing a bank.              

     I got my tools and took off the plate of my truck and changed it with the new ones I bought. I peeled of the white sticker attached at the back and at the front, revealing a plain old black truck. I’m sure there was a lot of surveillance cameras in that bank which could have took a shot of my van and its license plate. Hoping that they won’t recognize me, I wore a mask that hid my red curly hair while doing the robbery.       

       I changed my all black suit and put on a pair of jeans and a yellow long sleeve top. I made my hair into a messy bun and put on a pair of sunglasses over my head. I transferred all the money I got into a big fuchsia bag and stuffed it with some new woman’s essentials over it to cover the money. I stuffed it once again with my clothes to make sure the money’s all hidden and covered. I made a bonfire to warm myself up here in the woods and threw all of the possible evidence into it – my clothes, my license plate, my truck’s sticker, my father’s gun and gloves and watched it all burn. While waiting for the sun to rise, I felt my heavy eyes starting to close...