Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Monique lent against the wall and folded her arms over her chest, watching as Blake blabbed on about some new drug on the market. She wasn’t really listening; those deep chocolate brown eyes were burnt into the back of her brain and couldn’t stop the constant fluttering in her stomach. She smiled and nodded at Blake like she was listening intently. Turning her head she watched the dance floor, amongst the crowd she saw him, he was dancing and laughing with a pretty little red head in a tiny black dress, wow that dress was short! A stab of jealousy went through her chest and she frowned in confusion. Why was she jealous, he wasn’t hers to be jealous of!                          

“Mona!” she heard in the distance, “Mona, are you listening to me?” she turned her head back to Blake who looked at her puzzled. “Oh, yeah, sorry,” she muttered. She tucked her hand into the cleavage of her dress and pulled out one of the bags, she watched as Blake’s face lit up with excitement.

“How much?” he asked as pulled his wallet from his pocket. “Thirty,” she said and he pulled out the notes. Monique as no idea if she charged enough for what she offered, but from the customers she did have, she assumed she was under charging. She gave Blake a friendly smile as the exchanged. “Thanks Mona, you’re the best!” she giggled as he pressed a kiss to her cheek and disappeared into the crowd. Monique watched the dance floor, trying desperately to ignore the way the red head was grinding against Tyler’s leg.

Tyler turned his head and his eyes met with hers, Mona was watching him. He could feel her cerulean eyes burning into the side of his scull; he shifted uncomfortably as Amber continued to grind against his body. He slowly put his hands on her tiny hips to push her away. He watched as someone approached Mona, placing his hand on her shoulder, he watched as she smiled and chatted happily with him. She nodded to the stranger and started sauntering toward the dance floor, only when they stepped into the strobe lights of the floor did he notice it was Jack following her, his hand in hers. He felt uneasy at the look in Jack’s eyes when he looked at her, he almost looked animalistic, and it scared him a little, he had never seen such a predatory look on his best friends face before.

“Ty,” Amber said, looking up to him, he dragged his eyes from the pair dancing not far from them and looked down into Amber’s opal eyes. He couldn’t help but smile at her, “Yes sweetie?” Her hands crept up his chest and gripped the front of his shirt, bringing his face down and capturing his lips with hers. Tyler froze in shock, he’d always dreamt about kissing Amber, and he had to admit it was everything that he had dreamt about, soft and subtle, just like her lips, but the kiss felt wrong. She wound her arms around his neck and sucked gently on his bottom lip. Amber had wanted to kiss Tyler ever since she was little girl, she felt that now, after all these years, she was finally eighteen and maybe he’d want her as much as she desperately wanted him. She felt slightly disappointed when he didn’t open his mouth so she kiss could him properly.

He pushed against her hips trying to back away only for her to grip tighter to his shirt. He moaned as he tried to pry her fingers from his chest. He felt her pout against his lips and pulled back. He smiled down at her and cupped her face in his hands, her pout deepened and he laughed at her, “Ambs, Sweetie, you know I love you, but you’re like a little sister to me,” He shrugged and pressed a kiss to her forehead, “Please understand.” Her opal eyes looked up at him, he watched as her pout became a scowl, anger made her pretty like face look menacing. She slapped his chest and took a step back. Amber quickly turned; she flicked her red mane off her shoulder and stormed off. Her angry kitten attitude made him laugh, she’d get over it.

Monique swung her hips along to the beat of the music, she always seemed to loose herself when she was dancing, it was as if all the pain and pressure of life disappeared into a puff of smoke when the beat of the music hummed through her heart. Jack had it hands comfortably placed on her hips, he didn’t really move, he was a horrible dancer, the last thing he needed was to embarrass himself and make Tyler even more desirable.