“Mmhm, anyway” Dad turned his eyes on me again. “Beth I’ve decided that you’re going to get homeschooled –“

I blinked and then exploded. “WHAT! Dad come on! Do you want me to be a pariah? Why”?

“Because there’s no point in me enrolling you in public school when I’m going to have to be taking you out of it every few days”.

“And why would you need to do that”? I snapped.

“Sweetheart, I need to teach you how to become the Alpha of this pack – should you feel the want to return, but I reserve my right to teach you it now while I can”. He added on when he saw my glare – he remembered almost a little late that my staying here was a secret between us.

Since I am actually staying though, what he’s saying makes sense. No school would tolerate me being missing from school that often since we don’t have a school around here governed by Weres who would understand that I was having to cram my head with knowledge that should have been learnt over years in eight months – if I went to a normal human school I’d be thrown out for cutting class. I understand but I still don’t like it... I guess it gets me out getting to know new people though.

I sighed tiredly. “Fine, are you going to teach me”? I asked my Dad who laughed loudly like he thought I was joking.

God no – I mean no, not school stuff – Alpha stuff” he coughed himself back from the laughter under my glare.

“So who is going to home school me”?

“Jim”. Slowly, very slowly in an almost predatory fashion I turned my head in Jim’s direction with a blank expression.

I bet this was all his idea! What happened to promising me that he wouldn’t rush me into things? Now he’s gone and volunteered to see me nearly every day of the friggin week – that was low. The irony is if he had just waited and hour longer we could’ve actually started a relationship, screw that now.

“Why him”?

Dad frowned half surprised. “Beth, don’t be rude sweetie”.

“Fine, why Jim”? To my surprise and distaste Jim answered me, so I was forced to look at him again.

“I used to teach, before I moved to this pack I was a teacher but, becoming Beta here took up a lot of my time and I never got back into it, but I enjoy it and I’d love to teach you”. I turned back to my Dad without comment to Jim's little admission. 

“Who’s idea was this”? My Dad smiled smugly. 

“All mine, cos I’m a genius like that, and I can steal you for Alpha lessons whenever I please and Jim can’t say shit about it, so really it works out perfectly”.

“For you guys maybe”. I muttered it under my breath, of course they heard; believe it or not I’m still not used to being around people with Werewolf hearing. Both men’s eye snapped to me then, both hurt and maybe even a little mad.

“What makes you say that”? Dad questioned, eyeing me.

“It doesn’t even matter anymore; fine whatever Jim’s teaching me, can I go now”?

“Beth, what’s gotten into you”? Dad questioned me again, still eyeing me like I was going to do something explosive.

“I think the right question is what needs to get out” I muttered darkly before I stood from the chair and shifted right there.

My clothes were ruined but thanks to Lucy I have more than enough to replace them, although I will miss Wonder Woman quite a bit – she’s so badass. Running as soon as my paws hit the ground, I blinked and I was outside of the house and half way across the yard almost under cover of darkness.