Dating and Mating

The Alpha King 12

Chapter 12-Dating and Mating

PAISLEY STAMPS POV

It has been two weeks since I left Blaine and I regret everything but I know that I wouldn't change it because I am protecting him at the same time. 

Things have definitely changed, for instance my personality I don't think it's for the best either. Nothing seemed to take an interest in me it was almost like I was a zombie going through the motions of nothing. Sad right? I have never felt this depressed at all one thing did change though. 

Jamie, when I went to school the first day he started trying to talk to me I ignored him. He still pushed me to try and talk to him nothing had happened of course. Where was Mark at this time? I don't know Mark and I have drifted apart lately I guess it's because I can't hold a conversations without zoning out so why bother having a conversation at all. 

Anyways turns out when Mark and I had to ask the Alpha for permission to be on the land Jamie was the Alpha. He was also there at the banquet for Blaine getting his mate for all Alpha to attend. 

So let's just say that the reason Jamie talked to me in the first place was because he knew that I was the Blaine's mate. I guess that title is never going to leave me and I am happy about knowing that someone knows that Blaine is only mine. Of course aced he found that out he wondered why I was on his land and not with Blaine. I didn't tell him and he kept on asking and then he was going to tell Blaine where I was. 

So coming to a conclusion I ended up telling Jamie why I was here and not with Blaine after that he understood and then we became somewhat close. I mean I listened to him I didn't really talk but I sat next to him at lunch rather than other people. 

Mark was sitting down in front of me today was one of those rare days where we both didn't have to work. "So I have to tell you something important," He said getting my attention.  

"I'm listening," I told him looking up at him.

“So you know how I haven’t really been around lately, well the reason for that is because I found my mate,” Mark said looking at my reaction I could tell that there was more to this story.

“We did the mating process on the first day and ditched school and after that it was hard to stay away and keep my distance away from her for the first week you know the basic knowledge,” He said pausing “I really want you to meet her she is amazing I invited her over tonight for dinner so I want you to be nice to her,” Mark said.

“What’s her name?” I asked him.

“Ellie,” He said.

I nodded going into my room. I’m happy for Mark I know that I am, for once he got the one thing that he wanted which was a mate. I know how long he has wanted this unlike me I was afraid of having a mate I didn’t understand the point in taking the risk when they could die and then you world would crash down. I didn’t want that after seeing what happened to Miles, then things changed I met Blaine.

I knew the reason why it was worth the risk of losing them, it’s because there is no one else that can make you happier than that one person. That was the risk that would change everything and you would do anything for that small risk or a big risk.

The doorbell rang and then I heard some talking I then heard Mark call my name I guess that’s my cue then. I walked out to see a girl with black hair that fell to her shoulders she looked like every other average werewolf unbelievably gorgeous with tan skin and amazing eyes.

“Hi I’m Ellie,” She said smiling and grabbing me in for a  hug.

I looked at Mark who was giving me a thumbs up behind Ellie's back “Paisley,” I said smiling at her when she released me.

I think that the whole dinner it was only Mark and Ellie talking the whole time not that I was complaining because I wasn’t one to talk anymore. After a few minutes I left and went to my room I’m sure that they won’t notice me.

I guess that’s what it was like when we were with Blaine now that I think about it I never really paid attention to Mark whenever Blaine was around I guess because he was my mate was the fact that my attention was always on him.

On the other hand I look at Ellie and she was everything that Mark liked in a girl and when I think of Blaine I would have hated him if he wasn’t my mate. I never liked guys with short hair I always had a thing for the skater hair, but Blaine changed that I guess mates are going to always change a person.

I don’t know what happened all I know is that I ended up falling asleep and then it was the morning and I skipped breakfast I saw Ellie and Mark sleeping on the couch together all cuddled up against one another. I’m just going to leave them  like that I looked at them again.

I chuckled at some thoughts of me and Blaine sleeping in the same bed or rather me sleeping and Blaine complaining that I am taking up too much space or that I kicked him or something like that.

I went to school it just happened to be a slow day which was now normal once school was over I turned on the news with Mark and I eating some oven pizza together we always did this Friday when we were home.

I saw the news reported talk and then something caught my attention “For all of you who don’t know Hunter Rivers he died yesterday from a heart attack. He owned many stocks and now his son Blaine is going to own all of them so lets remember him as a wonderful man,” She said.

When things like that happen they really meant that Blaine was going to be The Alpha King.

I looked at Mark who was staring at me “What do we do now?” He questioned me.

“I don’t know,” I answered what I truly knew.

sorry but I was tempted to get Mark a mate vote?