Part two > chapter 3 > Emotional rollercoaster

Part Two

Chapter 3

>Claire's POV<

Slowly picking my head up and looking around, nothing seems out of the ordinary. My room is as it always has been, every picture is in it's place, and the other side of my bed is...empty. Not knowing exactly when Trey left or why but extremely relieved to wake up alone again. I am not sure if I could have handled that right now.  

Laying my head back down and thinking back on the night I can't believe I actually did that...almost four years without this soreness in between my thighs or ache in my leg muscles or this intense pain in my heart.... 

Crying out as the sops break free out of my throat and my tears roll down my face. I pull the covers more closely around my naked body burying my face in my pillow.

Last night I re-lost my first love....

Last night I re-broke my heart.....

Last night I am sure I ruined a great friendship....

Last night....

....."Just for tonight...make me forget." 

Trey moves up the bed grabbing my thigh and wrapping them around his body. 

"Than just for tonight you are mines, not his." Swallowing unable to respond to his comment I close my eyes and just try to lose myself in the feel of his lips moving along my shoulders to lightly suck on my neck. Trey grips my chin turning my head to face him but I keep my eyes tightly close. "Claire open your eyes...look at me." Opening my eyes I stare into his chocolate color orbs. "Do you see me? Truly see me Claire? I am not him." 

"I know." I whisper to him holding his hand now gently caressing my cheek. "I see you." 

"Tonight you are mines."  

I look into his eyes once again forcing away the images of a much brighter pair staring back at me. "Yours."

>Trey's POV<

Holding her tightly against my chest, I listen to her breaths, knowing the minute she started to silently cry even before the first tear hit my stomach and rolled to the side.  

My own chest aches trying to think of how to comfort her. I mean does she even want me to touch her? Should I even be here right now? Fuck how do I comfort myself knowing that in my mind I just made love to the woman that I love but she is thinking of another man.  

"I..I...Oh my God!" 

"Claire shhh....talk to me please baby." Wrapping my arms I around her I pull her closer to me trying to offer her something...anything to make this better. "Why are you crying?" 

Fuck she is killing me. How the hell do you love someone so much who is still in love with a ghost?! 

"I don't know!" 

"Shhh. It's okay."  

Five minutes I've been laying here torturing myself listening to her cries. Five minutes for me to realized that she will never truly be mines.  

"You don't know why your crying or if you can talk about it?" 

I listen as she physically calms herself down taking deep shuddering breaths; I help by wiping a few tears from her face. Fuck she is so beautiful but doesn't even know it. Holding herself for a man who may never be coming back. "I wish I could take it back Claire...everything." 

I truly wish I could take away everything. 

These last two and the half years of watching her struggle to be a single mother, every look of sadness I've seen in her eyes and for damn sure every tear I've watched her cry over a nigga who probably didn't even deserve her.