Chapter Twelve ~Crazy Teenage Girls

Chapter Twelve ~ Weird Teenage Girls

I have no excuse for my laziness...

Ava Chance.

The drive home from the hospital was awkward, to say the least. None of us spoke a single word the whole 15 minute drive home.

Once we got home, I went straight to the stairs, heading for my bedroom. The uncomfortable silence was so irritating, I was ready to pull all my hair out and shove it down my throat just to escape the silence.

Okay, that might be a bit dramatic.

"Supper will be ready in 30 minutes," my grandmother reported as I kept walking up the stairs, keeping my back turned to her.

I didn't say anything back as I nodded. Walking the rest of the way up the stairs, I turned to the left where my bedroom door was.

In all honesty, I didn't know what to feel. I knew I wasn't mad at her but I wasn't all forgive-and-forget either. On normal circumstances I would have forgiven her in a heart-beat.

But this wasn't any normal circumstance.

Why? I was yet to find out.

The first thing I did was walk straight to my bathroom to brush my teeth since the strong aftertaste of the many medicines I had taken today was becoming too much to bear.

The small ding of my phone going off was what took my focus away from brushing my teeth as I put my toothbrush down and walked to my phone.

Practice 7p.m. tomorrow. -Cooper

It took me a minute to realize what he was talking about, but then realized that he was explaining about self defense class where he was to transform me into a bad butt sexy ninja warrior.

I answered with a simple okay and a hint of a smile on my face. The next thing I did right away was take a quick shower. After that I pulled out my stone aged laptop and watched funny cat videos.

"Ava!" My heart skipped a beat as my face came up from my laptop screen, drool all over the keyboard.

"I'm up, I'm up." I exclaimed, obviously still affected by slumber.

"We're going out."

I finally looked up to see Grace standing there in her normal wear: a Fallout Boy t-shirt and red jeans with her bleach blonde hair thrown up.

"Hello?" She snapped, clearly annoyed.

"O-o-oh yeah?" I asked.

Breaking me out of my thoughts, Grace threw a simple blue romper at me.

"Why?" I wondered aloud.

"Because I thought we were best friends, but I didn't even know you were in the hospital until 10 minutes ago."

She huffed a breathe, making a loose piece of hair fly up.

"I'm sorry," I apologized, embarrassed. "A lot has just been going on lately."

"I know. That's why we're going out," she countered calmly and walked to my closet. She threw a purple cardigan at me. "Get dressed."

"Uh-"

"We're going out so you can tell me everything," she stated, clearing up everything and without another word walked out of my room for me to get dressed.

The outfit she chosen for me was a simple denim romper, paired with a purple cardigan. Leaving my hair in its natural waves, I grabbed my black flip flops and ran out my bedroom to meet up with Grace.