❧ Chapter I

'Come on, Aly! If we come late, chances are we'll not have rooms!" I heard Heather scream as I open my closet. I have many clothes stocked on my closet; some even have tags but I have clothes piled up in a corner which she usually use. In ordinary days, I wear shorts and tank tops but today is not ordinary. I'm entering a university wherein designers, fashion deities and theater legends are born, everyone will judge you from your fashion.
"Coming!" I shouted back. Its the day before the first day of my college life. I'm gonna go my new school with Heather to pick a dormitory and get our schedules. Its a disaster when you are insecure about your appearance and after ten long years, I have decided to wear a white flowy shirt, a blue blazer, a pair of jeans and a pair of flats. Heather entered my room and said, "What the heck are you doing? It took you an hour to dress up!" I thought she was mad but she was just acting. Heather was good in acting, she was the supernova of stars. She gave up her acting career to go with me to a fashion institute. Why? That is because her family died last year during our graduationa nd my parents decided to adopt her.
"Haha. I had a hard time picking what will I wear." I replied.
"Hurry up! Let's go get some fast breakfast." She smirked and winked. I got up and went to the kitchen to grab some milk and cookies. They were divine.
"So, Hev. Are you nervous?" I asked her.
"No not really. Why? Are you?" She answered,
"Of course." I said while grabbing my book.
"Just be yourself. Its the first thing we theater actresses hear from our advisers. By the way, I thought you finished reading that?" She said snatching my book out of my hands.
"Hey!" I snarled.
"Fear doesn't shut you down, it wakes you up." She read the line of the book. My favorite line among all.
"Here you go. I'm gonna finish first Mockingjay before I read that. Let's go?" She gave me the book and opened the door. We waited for the bus to Reverie. I suddenly thought of somehting that will never happen, I think. A vampire roommate. Its just fiction and this is the real world. Suddenly a bus stopped and the driver asked us,  "Reverie, ladies?" 
"Yes, sir." Hev replied. We walked up to the bus and sat on the middle. Heather grabbed her earphones and put it into her ears and listened to something and I, as the usual, grabbed my book and started reading. Fashion designer and book reader? Yes, that's me. If I don't have any inspirations in coming up with ddresses, I read books and I make dresses. Books inspire me a lot. I turned to the last page and read. How I wish this isn't finished yet. What am I gonna do with my life now? The bus stopped and the passengers rose. 
"Time to go, Hev." I pulled her earphones out and said. We walked down and entered the gates of the legendary school. A woman wearing a blue blazer was approaching us. She looks stunning.
 "Welcome to the well-renowned Beauxvoile Academy of Fasiohn and Design, miss Allison Everett and Heather Lawrence. We have received your application forms and fortunately, you are accepted." The lady said as she handed our schedule for the school year.
"Thank you." I said.  
"By the way, I am Miss Genevieve Bellerose, your headmistress." She said smiling at us. Her eyes were blue and her hair brown. She was like a goddess.
"Miss Genevieve? As in the famed, Miss Genevieve Bellarose? I must be in heaven!" Heather squeaked and shook hands with the miss.
"Among all schools, why did you pick Beauxvoile as your gateway to the world?" She asked us.
"That is because Beauxvoile, the famed Beauxvoile, is the topmost fashion and arts school in the whole wide world!" Heather replied to her. She is in cloud nine.
"You are exaggerating!" Miss Bellerose laughed.
"Where are we going, miss?" I asked her.
"Oh, yes. We are going to your lockers." She replied as she waved to the other students.
It was gorgeous. I mean the whole campus is covered with trees, students seem to have fun, mean girls laugh at the nerds. Perfect scene in a movie. 

"Oh my god. Look at him! He's cute." Heather squeaked as she points to a boy wearing hoodies and sneakers standing infront of the lockers. I saw Miss Bellarose raised an eyebrow.
"Emhhmmm." She cleared her throat. "These are your lockers and here are your keys. I will leave you to Clark now. I hope you have a great time here at Beauxvoile!" She said and she bid goodbye. 
"Hi, I am Clark. How about you?" He said. He had adorably messy black hair that fell just above in his piercing green eyes. He was stunning.
"I'm Heather.I'm a new comer here." Heather said smiling. "She is Aly. She's my friend and a new comer too." She continued. I smiled. 
"So do you have a dormitory now? I've heard you are from Manhattan. We are in Reverie now!" He said while checking something on his satchel. He pulled a paper, a map, from his satchel and, "I'm going to escort you to your respective dormitories." He continued. We walked until the school gate. It was sunny but it wasn't hot. I grabbed my handkerchief and swiped it  to my forehead as if I was sweating in bullets but no. The truth is I feel awkward. I've never been so close to a guy before: I never seen my dad, I do not have a brother, we do not have any boy in the house except for my dog and I just graduated from St. Georgia's, an all-girl school. I feel uneasy.
"So tell me more about yourself." Clark said looking at us. Aly was going to open her mouth to answer and yet she felt nervous.
"We came from Manhattan though its in New York too, we don't know anyone here. Right, Aly?" Heather saved me.
"Yes, yes." I replied. . I feel relieved now that she didn't have to explain. We walked and we arrived at the yard. Clark explained the history of Beauxvoile, I didn't listen, I don't want to but Heather does like a chick listening to her mother hen.
"Um, Clark. Are the students here mean, nice or like an angel?" Heather asked. Clark laughed and said, "Beauxvoile is just like any other university! There are mean girls, the fashion designers in particular..."
"But Aly here is a fashion designer. She is not mean!" Hev interrupted.
"Not all. Where was I? Oohh. the jocks.Those rock singers, they are evil! The authors-wanna-be, I belong to them. We are always getting picked up." He continued.
"Itsnot right. We are all fair. That's why we are in an art school, we express ourselves in different ways. Right?" I said.
"Right!" Both of them said and we laughed.  
"I guess, its time to part ways. Here's your dormitory now." He said.
"Oh okay. Thank you, Clark!" I said smiling.
"Clark. Can I have your number??" Heather cried.
"Heather!" I whispered and piched her.
"Okay. text me later. I'll meet you again tomorrow. Bye." He said, waved his hands, and walked to the boy's dorm.
"Oh my gosh, I think I'm inlove!" Heather said to me.
"Stop flirting!" I said laughing.
"Oh. Clark texted me." She said.
"What did he say?" I asked her.
"You are gonna be on Room 107 while Aly is on Room 108. See you!" Heather said.
"Good bye for now. Text me if you need something kay?" She said and ran to her room. I was alone for a moment.I walked towards my room and saw a girl entering it.
"Hey!" I screamed.
"Oh, hi. Who are you?" She asked me.
"I'm Allison. You can call me, Aly. This is my room." I said.
"Oh, I'm Mackenzie, Zoe for short. Your room too? So we are roommates!" She said. She was nice, she's hospitable but there is something about her. That girl had a creepy look in her eyes.