Enchanted - Chapter Three

A young boy at the age of 14 ran away from home because of his abusive stepfather. The same boy lived with a friend for two years, learning to forget his past. He was perfectly fine until he received a random text from stranger who claimed to be Louis Tomlinson, Harry’s idol. Maybe talking about the past wouldn’t be so hard if someone would actually listen to his story.

Chapter 3

                        Louis closed the car door and put the car into reverse, backing out of his long, gated driveway. Flying down the road with the top down on his car always made him feel free, being one of the very few normal things that he could have. Louis turned on the radio, cranking the volume up loud enough to hear it over the rush of the wind. He smiled to himself when he recognized the familiar chords of a song he recorded last year.

            Not long later, Louis pulled up to a posh restaurant that was almost completely deserted, which meant that the three boys wouldn’t be bothered for the most part. Louis pushed his aviators up to the top of his head, as he walked through the front door that was being held open by one of the staff members. He flashed her a friendly smile. It wasn’t hard to spot the two other boys in the back corner, sitting by themselves.

            “Louis! What’s up man?” Zayn Malik asked in his thick accent, getting up from his spot to greet the other boy.

            “Not too bad. I think the album’s almost finished. What are you two idiots up to?” Louis joked, sliding in the booth.

            “Same old, same old. Singing and writing. Pleasing the girlfriend too.” Liam chuckled and flagged down the waiter so Louis could order.

            Louis glanced at the menu before making his decision, handing it to the waiter.

             “Anyone special in your life yet, Louis?” Zayn inquired, smirking at his friend.

            “No… Not really at least.” Louis muttered and looked down at his phone, waiting for the green light to appear.

            “Oh? Are you texting somebody?” Liam laughed, grabbing the phone and entering the password.

            “Liam! Give that back! It’s private!” Louis yelled, reaching across the table to grab his iPhone, only to have Liam move it out of his reach.

            “Maybe you should not tell people your password then. Let’s see, Simon, Lottie, Jay… Oh who’s this? Harry Styles?” Liam asked as he clicked through the thread of messages. “Oh? You guys sure do seem to talk a lot.”

            “He’s just a guy I’m talking to!” Louis moaned, rubbing his face in frustration. The older lad tried for his phone again, but gave up when Liam slipped out of his seat and stood next to the table and out of his reach.

            “A guy you talk to a lot? Louis?” Zayn poked the other boy’s side, eliciting a slight giggle and a glare from the older boy.

            “It’s nothing! I’m doing his mother a favor.” Louis claimed, finally grabbing his phone from his friend’s hands.

            “His Mom? What are you talking about Louis?” Liam gave the boy across from him a confused look.

            “Uh… It’s not really my place to explain. How’s Danielle?” Louis mumbled, trying to switch the conversation.

            “She’s wonderful! We actually had a really great date last night.” Liam proclaimed, telling Louis all the small details of the dinner while Zayn sulked next to him.