inspirations

Harry Styles

"Yeah, that sounds great!"

"Or how about 'to prove it right, I put it in a song'?"

"YES!"

The guys smile and Zayn's pencil scribbles across the piece of paper, full of little snippets and random lyrics that might gel together. I continue to pull the strings to my sweatshirt back and forth, my mind no place in particular.

Tyler, our manager, coughs rather loudly, disrupting the quiet and excited chatter that the others were engaging in. I peer up at him, not expecting to be met by his angry frown.

"Harry, I don't see you contributing," He comments, folding his arms across his chest. I furrow my brows and look over to the guys. They all avoid my eyes and pretend their busy.

"I dunno, I guess I'm not in the mood," I shrug, sitting up straighter on the sofa.

"You're never in the mood," Liam mutters under his breath. My eyes dart over to him, anger burning up in my chest.

They're acting like I'm not a part of the group, that I just sit here all day and let them do all the work. Sure, I haven't really contributed anything today, but I'm just having an off day!

"You haven't been pulling your weight, Harry. Whenever you're supposed to sit down and have a writing session, I always see you sitting in the corner, off in your own little world," Tyler tells me, sitting down on the sofa opposite of me.

I look over to the boys for help, but they don't say a word in my defense. Zayn is the first to speak up but he doesn't say exactly what I was hoping for,

"It's true, mate. You've been a little less-than-helpful lately,"

I turn back around, crossing my arms across my chest and setting my lips into a deep frown. Irritation at everyone in this room prickles beneath my skin.

"Guys, maybe Harry's just in a funk. Let's help him out," Niall offers, being his usual cheerful self.

"Yeah!" The others echo in agreement. I still don't look up. I continue to glare at the patterned carpet beneath me.

"What do you guys think of while writing songs?" Tyler asks, obviously agreeing that inspiration is what I'm lacking.

"Well I think of Summer, to be honest," Zayn speaks up, smiling to himself thinking of his brunette-headed beauty.

"Yes, Rosalie is the first thing that comes to mind when I need inspiration," Liam agrees,

"I always think of Alicia whenever I need something to give me the extra push," Niall smiles at the other love-sick boys, feeling exactly the same,

"Juliet is the greatest motivator, I'd say," Louis agrees, putting a dopey smile on his face just like the rest of them.

I feel like I'm watching a bunch of adolescent teenage boys. I roll my eyes and let out a groan,

"Great for you guys, except for I'm single!" I remind them all, throwing my hands in the air. "And that's not going to change anytime soon," I insist.

I've had my fair share of girlfriends. A few of them just died out, losing that spark. A few were quite brutal. All I know is that I don't have the time for a girlfriend right now. Maybe girls give the others motivation, but I know all I'll be is distracted.

"Harry, that's perfect! You need to go out and meet a girl." Tyler jumps up, patting me on the back, "You and Delilah broke up ages ago. You're living in a new country; the U.S of A, which is full of beautiful girls."

I just snort and get to my feet, ready to leave the lounge at our recording studio. I'm done with this. If all we're going to talk about how sad my love life is, I'm not going to listen.

"No, Harry, that's actually a great idea," Zayn agrees, getting up and blocking the doorway. I just stare down at him with an angry expression. "You just need someone to spark the creation, nothing too serious." He explains.

"Well guys, it's not something you can just force," Liam speaks up, his lips pulled down into a frown.

"Like hell if you can't!" Louis lets out a laugh, "We're just saying that you could use a little fun. Go out, meet a girl, enjoy her company and end it. That's it." He explains.

I suppose, a little fun never hurt anyone. And it wouldn't have to last that long, did it? Just a little fun with a pretty girl. It didn't have to get deeper than that. Plus breakups always provide the most material for songs. And then the boys and Tyler would get off my case, and I would have an excuse to go out and have fun.

"As much as I want Harry's writing-mojo back, I'm going to have to agree with Liam. You can't really expect to go out there and pick a random girl off the street and force feelings. In the end, somebody will end up hurt." Niall frowns, shaking his head and standing beside Liam.

But that somebody won't be me. I'm sure I'll never see the girl again afterwards. Los Angeles is a big city. And then I'll get my groove back. Everything will be back to normal.

"Don't listen to a word these pansies say," Zayn says, putting his arm on Louis' shoulder, "What's the harm in a good time?"

Zayn and Louis grin like mad-men and Niall and Liam frown at me, looking deeply disappointed. Tyler just waits patiently for my answer.

"I'm going to hop in the shower, don't wait up for me!" I announce, smiling broadly at them all.

Zayn and Louis let out a cheer and clap me on the back. Liam and Niall just shake their heads and return to the sheet of music with the lyrics on them.

Anything for a bit of inspiration, right?