Officially 21, Officially Yours (Rewriting)

Authors Note:This is a short but sweet little love story that I really hope you will enjoy reading.It's also my very first draft and I will be doing a revision on it later on. Please leave a COMMENT, LIKE or VOTE if you like the story. Show some support!! Thank you!

**I'm also thinking about extending this short story into a longer piece, or maybe adding a prequel or sequel. Let me know what you want lovely readers!!**

*************************

Ouch. My head hurts so badly.

What the heck is happening?

At the back of my eyelids, bright white spots are moving in the blackness of the visual field. I feel the heat running across my skin. Crap! I need some water. It’s so hot in here and my throat is drained. My whole body sores and legs feel heavy like they are tied to a hundred-pound weight. As I slightly lift my left arm, something seems to be on the way.

God, what is this damn thing laying on my arm? My hand is all numb.

I turn around, slowly opening my eyes. The sudden brightness hits my pupils and leaves an almost painful tingling sensation. Rays of sunlight dance around on the white duvet through the gaps in the blinds. Just an inch or two away, locks of brunette hair sparkling under the sunshine and his smooth-skinned face is partially buried under the soft pillow. This defined nose. This fine jaw with a faint line of shaven beard. They all kind of look familiar. My eyes run down the length of his neck and stop at the muscular biceps that’s tucking the blanket under his armpit.

Shit! Why am I sleeping with Aaron? What the heck did I get myself into?

I try to pull my arm out, but it’s stuck right under his pillow.

“Hmm... Morning Melanie!” He says with a sleepy voice; his eyes half opened.

“What the hell happened?” My heart pounds heavily in my chest. I bet he can even hear the heartbeats being this close to me.

Aaron slowly sits up. The blanket falls down to his navel revealing a bare upper half of smooth olive skin. His chest firm and slightly moves with every breath. He tousles his hair then finally combs it through his fingers. As I also sit up against the headboard, I pull the blanket up to cover my breasts. Well, I’m in a bra, at least. And God tell me it’s not weird to see your best friend in this condition.

“We were wasted” He yawns “No, actually, you were wasted. 21 shots, remember?”

Ah! 21 shots. Of course I do. It was my twenty first birthday last night. We were having a little party just the two of us, and Aaron dared me to take twenty one birthday shots. I think I remember everything up until the fifteenth shot, and then everything else turned ambiguous. I’m still dizzy and my throat is dry as if I’ve been walking through a desert for weeks. My head’s pounding but no matter how much I try to recall, nothing comes into mind. I swear I would never ever drink again.

“Did we…?” I gulp “Did we…. you know?”

Ignoring my question, Aaron rolls out of bed and stands up five feet eleven tall with his back facing towards me. Thank God he still has his boxers on. I feel the heat under my cheeks; and before he can see my blushing face, I quickly bury it in my hands.

“Put on some clothes!” I snarl at him.

“I am! Goodness Mel!” He growls back. I peek through the gaps of my fingers as he buttons his jeans and slides the shirt over his head. Then he throws me my dress from across the bed. “You do too!”

I catch it with my one hand that isn’t busy holding up the blanket “Seriously Aaron! Did we do it?”

“Do you think we did?” Aaron leans forward with his arms propping on the bed, his face an inch apart from mine. He looks me straight into the eyes. “Shortie?”