Prolouge

The wind blew furiously as the young boy and his sister continued down the wet stone sidewalk. His head remained low and his shoulders were slouched. The boy's sister mimicked his actions, both siblings silent. In the air, though, was a heavy depression, with a cold touch. It was quiet, but the silence spoke a thousand words.

You see, those siblings' parents had been missing for a whole two days now. The stress within them rush to find them weakened the boy and his sister, and they were terribly tired. Rain hit the sidewalk with soft splats, which also pelted the two.

On most occasions, they would ride their carriage back home, to their manor, but not today. They couldn't when all hope was lost. A depressing walk in the rain was due anyhow, and it fitted the mood perfectly.

Down the murky alleyways the elder sibling led the other, the only thing she knew how to do. It was all up to her now, she was in possession of the manor and corporation. At age sixteen, this proved to be a difficult task. But, the girl was responsible and mature, making her a suitable representative.

"Katherine?" The boy spoke hoarsely, with his light British accent.

"Yes, Brother?" The girl, further known as Katherine, asked. She had a heavier accent then her brother, but not by much.

"What do we do now?" Facing Katherine, the boy's green eyes glowered in the foggy weather.

Katherine shrugged, putting a reassuring hand on her brother's shoulder. "All that we can," She answered,

"All that we can."