Episode 17: Caught in the Web

Hello everyone.  This is yet another chapter that hasn't been edited, so please have mercy on my soul... 0___0

___________________________________________________________________________

Caught in a Web

            “Dude!  Did you catch the news last night?” Ronnie asked Cid as they met at Costarini’s.

            “No I didn’t.  I was busy.  Why?” Cid stated as they approached the counter.

            “Dude… That beast that attacked the school was on the news tearing through the city!  They caught the whole thing on tape!” Ronnie shouted, waving his hands around excitedly.  “It was amazing!” he continued.

            Cid’s heart sank as he felt the all too familiar feeling of worry beginning to set in.  He didn’t think he’d be caught on camera running from the beast and he was concerned that it might not stay that way.

            “Why was the thing running through the city?” Cid asked as Ronnie ordered his Italian ice.

            “It was chasing someone, but you could barely see them from the helicopter feed,” Ronnie stated.

            Of course… I wouldn’t have seen the helicopter…

            “It also crashed into that NoirTech place. Hey… don’t you live there?” Ronnie asked as they took a seat in a booth.

            “Yeah we live in the penthouse on the top floor, but I wasn’t home,” Cid stated, lying.

            “Hmmmm… That’s a bummer because you had a chance to be on the news!” Ronnie stated excitedly.

            “Oh really?” Cid asked.

            “That’s not even the best part!  That orange and black superhero showed up and they had a big brawl right in the middle of the Crystal Gate Bridge!” Ronnie practically shouted, eliciting stares from the nearby customers.

            “Sounds pretty exciting…” Cid commented nonchalantly.

            “I can’t believe you missed it dude.  Who misses the most epic fight of the century?” Ronnie asked as he stuffed his face with Italian ice.

            “There aren’t any televisions in the lab where I work,” Cid stated.

            “The lab in NoirTech?  The one the beast attacked?” Ronnie asked.

            “I work in a different lab in the lower levels,” Cid said, correcting his story.

            At that moment, Celine entered Costarini’s.  She located Cid and Ronnie and quickly made her way over to their table.

            “Did you guys see the news?” She asked as she took a seat in the booth next to Cid.

            “Of course I did.  Cid somehow missed it though,” Ronnie declared, casually pointing his thumb at Cid.

            “I was really busy,” Cid tried to explain.

            “Well lucky for you, I have the whole newscast saved to my computer,” Celine stated as she pulled a laptop from out of her backpack.

            Cid watched as a video of Iblis fighting Fenrir appeared on the screen.

            “The police are calling the black and orange guy Iblis.  The media has definitely caught on to this,” Celine said, pulling up several newscasts and articles concerning the topic.