Mason Maine...there's just nothing else to say.

Mason Maine. Just his name alone drives my heart wild with butterflies in my stomach. Jeeze Louise, I've had this major crush on him since third grade, where we used to sit next to each other. Then later I found out he was my neighbor from across the street. Dreamy dreamy kid. Sandy colored hair, sky blue eyes, olive skin color, tall, my age, what more can a girl ask for? He saved me from being humiliated for life. It was one of those bad days people have, well that specific day my mom took all my clothes to wash leaving me with my old jeans, I didn't complain. I wore them to school and that was that. Our teacher, don't remember her name, assigned us partners for an outdoor project. We were observing the environment and I was his partner and he was mine. Before that day I never paid much attention to him or a guy at all. Fact is I think I was still in that stage of my life where I thought boys had cooties and man did that stage fade quickly after meeting him. We were sitting down on the stairs that lead outdoors waiting for the rest of the class to finish since we finished first. I was suddenly thirsty and so when I got up my jeans ripped. Yes, they ripped alright. I gasped and covered myself but it was too late, Mason saw it, my ripped jeans. Quickly he took off his sweater handing it to me, telling me to wear it around my waist until we'd go back to class so that I could get my own sweater. I thought he'd tell everyone like Blake would have done, but he didn't. He stayed quiet keeping this secret from everyone. I guess after that I never thought he had cooties. He's was nice, kind, dreamy, gentle with me. I got lost in his eyes. That's until he broke my heart...

Two days earlier.

Monday

"Don't tell me you still have a crush on that guy. Dude it's been five years now, let go. Enjoy the last bit of eighth grade we have left, next year we'll be freshmen, high scholars." Riley says excited for the ending of middle school. Riley, my best friend, she's always cheering me on with anything but sometime she gives up like she giving up on me having a crush on Mason. Riley used to always create situation in which I had to speak to Mason or at least be near him but she gave up on it because I was too shy to even speak. She's the only one that knows I'm in the clouds for Mason, my handsome neighbor. She's a brunet like me but with blue eyes. They all got lucky in the eye color except for me. I gaze at his gorgeous complexions. How could he be going out with Kristin Brent? She's mean and annoying, not to mention my rival. She doesn't even like Mason. It's all Riley's fault for talking to loud about how I've been crushing on him since third grade and haven't done anything about it. Kristin heard it and asked him out to get back at me. I don't even know what I've done to that girl shesh. She didn't even know his name at first; she was always calling him Jason or Manson. I hate to admit it though but they make a good couple, she's blond fitting in nicely with his sandy long hair and they both have blue eyes, lucky monkey. I want blue eyes too, but I'm stuck with these boring light brown eyes and dark hair with lighter skin tone than his.

"I wish it were that simple." I mumble, glaring at Kristin who smirked reaching out to hold his gently hand. Ugh, I couldn't stand watching her infect my Mason like that. Her vile dirty hands, who knows what she's touched, I know I don't.

"Come on, Jamie, we have to find you a date for the dance on Saturday night. It's our last school dance for this year." I sigh having no other choice but to find someone else. I wanted him to take me but that's impossible now because of demon child Kristin who enjoys taking people's mans. How much I would like to punch that pretty face of hers'. It's a good thing I'm not mean, rude, annoying, and obnoxious like her, but I swear she brings out the worst in me. She needs to eat something too. Man, she's skinnier than me! Like really skinny.

"You still haven't gotten a date, Jamie?" Blake asks eavesdropping; hopefully he didn't hear the whole conversation. I sigh once again wondering if this day can get any worse. Personally I think Blake is annoying in so many childish levels I stopped counting after seventy-three. All though it's only me because everybody else thinks he's handsome, he is, but not like my beautiful Mason. Blake is the complete opposite of Mason. He's dark haired, green eyed, mean, rude, obnoxious, just like Kristen. There perfect for each other it's too bad he likes me and not her. I never can understand him, he used to tease me in grade school and would make me cry at times and now he has this big crush on me.