Simply Endless

A/N A new story which is quite different from the other thing that I've written. Quite different indeed. This is a preview of the story - a prologue. I shall release the rest a little later on. Probably not this week. I just want to see if anyone is interested in this at the minute.

--------------------

I did not feel remorse. 

Those were five words of wrong, they'd bring any normal person crashing to their knees or send them grabbing for the nearest thing to kill themselves. They were wrong in a normal persons mind. Lucky I wasn't a normal person then. The shuddering mess that was once a person slipped from my arms and fell to the floor like a broken toy, I left it there. A rare second of peace distracted me. I looked toward the window, the moon was rising into its peak position casting a silver haze over the surrounding area. The country side was awash with shades of white. Around here it really was a no one can hear you scream matter.

The cold air was clutching at my bare torso from the open window, curtains flying on the breeze but the cold did not bother me. The lump caught my attention when it attempted to crawl away from me and I allowed it to come within centimetres of its target. My door which so happened to be 'accidently' left open. Smiling and stepping over her I kicked the door shut and whirled to face her. She violently shook whether with tears, the cold or her dangerous lack of blood I wasn't sure nor did I care for I had gained all that was needed.

I dropped to my knees and pulled her into my arms, allowing her to cry into my chest. "Shh, shh, shh, shh," I stroked her blood soaked hair as tears came to my eyes and spilled down my cheeks, she'd been so beautiful and delicate once, "it's okay, just breathe," I couldn't stand her wails of pain and lent down to her ear, "it's almost over." Her beautiful emerald eyes glanced up at me and my tears melted away having had the desired effect of calming her.

"I think I love you," I rocked her in my arms and my hands went to her neck. She was strong, I saw no fear but I felt it in the thrumming of her pulse under my fingertips.

"They always do," I reluctantly ended it all. The resistance of her bones did not last long. Her breathe shakily gasped from her body and her eyes dimmed before the thing that made a person sparkle silently went away, once more she slid to the floor more graceful in death than in life.

 I kicked my shirt out of the way and sighed assessing the damage someone would have to clean up, pausing my thoughts was a loud and continuous dripdripdrip sound, coming from behind me. I frowned and turned toward the canvases on the wall - they were now masterpieces of pain and although it was the source of the insistent little noise I left it the way it was instead flipping my phone open and speed dialling Marine. Two rings later and a voice rang through.

"What the hell Liam? Are you seriously phoning this early in the morning? I'm trying to sleep." Marine’s voice made me smile. It shook with the gritty sound of sleep and stilled the artistic part of my mind. Portraits I'd drawn of her hung on my wall but I was careful not to develop an obsessive tendency.

"Yeah, well I don't clean." I hung up and returned to studying the canvases. Three lined up side by side. They had been good before, more than good. The naked portraits were so accurate and haunting that if I went to sleep anytime soon I would have nightmares. But what made them perfect was the glistening on the canvas. It was a mixture of things really. Sweat and love. The women’s blood and flesh. The girl that lay on my floor also lay in my canvas, in its heart. That's what made Tavari Liam Donahugh perfect, the artwork.

--------------

IMPORTANT A/N

Let's let a real man show you how it's done. It's not going into the vampire category because he is NOT a vampire. But I didn't say he was human in the conventional sense of things...or is he human...or is he not? O.o ...but then again...ok I'll stop.

Depending on how this goes there might be some PG bits.

I REPEAT HE IS NOT A VAMPIRE. NOT NOT NOT A VAMPIRE.