Chapter 27

Why? Why did my body have to be paralyzed for 20 seconds – half a minute maybe, after I watched him walk away? Why couldn't I run straight after him, catch up to him, and explain that entire mess that he'd witnessed?

It's as if my body was against our relationship, because, there I was, running through a house full of people, hoping he'd gone somewhere where I could find him. He wasn't in any of the rooms on the first floor, he wasn't in any of the crowds of people, so my only hope is that he'd left. As ironic as that might sound now.

"Liam?" I called loudly as I walked- ran out on the deck, and just my luck, I saw him walking down the street. Marching down the street. Almost running down the street when he heard his name.

"Liam, wait!" I shouted louder and started jogging after him, though I doubt that he could hear me any better because of the loud music from inside the house. But then again, even if he did hear me, I doubt he'd stop.

"Liam." My voice became quieter when I reached him, and for a few seconds I kept walking behind him, waiting for him to stop, turn around and start yelling at me, insulting me, hell, I wouldn't have gotten angry even if he decided to slap me. Because, let's face it, I deserved a good slap across the face.

"Liam, come on." I dared to reach out for his arm, lightly pulling on his leather jacket. And it somewhat worked; he jerked his arm away from me, managing to push me away in the process and turned around. Yes.

"I don't want you to-" He began, in an obviously angry tone, but I couldn't hear the rest of the sentence. Whatever it is that he didn't want me to do, hearing it would hurt me more than any kind of insult.

"Let me explain," I exclaimed, stopping him mid-sentence, but to my slight surprise – I don't know why I was surprised though? – he continued talking after that.

"Explain?" He started laughing, "So help me God, Sally, if I hear one of your excuses-"

"He kissed me!" I shouted to interrupt him once again, ignoring what could have been a threat. He blinked twice at me, and just when I thought he'd let me say something, he turned around again and started walking away, again. Oh, for God's sake.

"I swear." But if he thought that his stubborn ass would stop me, boy, was he wrong. "Liam, I swear," I kept walking behind him; I didn't care that I wasn't wearing a jacket, I didn't care that I was probably going to spend the rest of Christmas break sick in my bed because of this. The only thing I cared about was stopping this chimp from leaving without knowing what really happened, and I will be damned if I don't do that.

"Jesus, can you just fucking hear me out?" I shouted, becoming to get pissed as well. I knew I had no right to be angry at him – not when he saw me kissing- no, he saw Dominick kissing me, but he was really being a douche for not letting me say a damned word about it.

"What?" Liam snapped me out of my thoughts as he abruptly turned around, almost making me bump into him, a wicked look in his eyes. "What do you have to say? What?!"

His abnormally loud yelling got me tongue-tied for a second. "He kissed me," I repeated, in a much quieter voice, still a little shocked because of his reaction. And a little scared, too.

"I don't care that he fucking kissed you!" He kept yelling – just as loud as before, if not louder – taking a few steps toward me, making me take a few steps away from him. "You let him!" He bent down for a split second to take a bit of snow in his hand, "You let him kiss you, you fucking slut!"