TRUST

I recently spoke to a wonderful group of separated and divorced individuals about TRUST.  What is that really?  In a day where we are bombarded by casual lies from our politicians, religious institutions & the media how do we know whom or what to trust? Take for instance a magazine, we look at images and except that we are looking at something that has most likely been altered. Here is an example:

When Kim Kardashian was getting married, she received millions of dollars for the images and the broadcasting of her wedding.  When she separated, the backlash from the readers and viewers was incredible to me.  I thought how interesting it was,  that so many people felt “betrayed” and angry over this young women’s decision to end her marriage after a short period of time.  Why was that?  I believe it was because for many they put their TRUST in the fact that they were witnessing a “real life” fairytale. They put their trust in something outside of their control.  Keep in mind, she is  a human women and she is permitted to change her mind, however, not according to folks that do not even know her personally. Odd right?

This leads me to my point.   I think often times we think of trust as a “thing” we give others but in order to have the ability to trust others with an open heart we must be trustworthy ourselves. To do that, we must work first on our own inner TRUST skills.  Are you impeccable with your word?  Do you keep your commitments? Do you have no hidden agenda’s?  Do you communicate your feelings with honest and love?

If you can do these things,  then you are on the way to trusting the most important person in your life ~ yourself!  When we trust ourselves, we then have the ability to discern when someone we have given our trust to has betrayed that trust.  From this place of power we can then choose to stay within this relationship or bless & release the relationship and move on.   This  takes enormous courage often times to do.  Each day we either put our trust & faith in what is outside of ourselves or what is within, TODAY TURN WITHIN.