Just Listen (One Direction)

Prologue

Sounds, you hear them everyday. Different types of sounds; low, high, soft, loud, annoying, beautiful. There are a million types of sounds, that resolve into the sounds we hear on the radio or from an instrument, the things we call music. Everyone hears different sounds, has different taste in these sounds; things that annoys them and things that bring them to life. Sometimes we take hearing for granted, being able to hear the good, the beautiful and the bad in our lives. Now imagine hearing all these different things; the sound of your name, the sound of an instrument, the birds chirping, the stereo blasting in your room, a car's engine, the bells on a tower, people cursing, your lover's voice, and then imagine everything just disappear. All you hear is utter silence, all you hear is the tiny voice in your own head. You can't even hear your own voice, what is sounds like, or your mother calling you down for dinner, or someone telling you they love you. That is what being deaf is about, completely deaf. You hear nothing but the utter silence of the world and the vibrations that surround you, the only thing giving you the tiniest hint that there is still life going on outside of your head.

My name is Harmony Brown, I loved playing the violin, I loved listening to music, I loved singing off key to a song, I loved hearing. Period. But when I turned thirteen I was overcame with a disease called Spinal Meningitis, it left me my life, and took my hearing. I would no longer be able to play the violin, I would never be able to hear the music playing in my room, I would never be able to hear my mother's voice, I would never even hear my own name. My life changed and I hated it. I would hate music, hate the violin, hate those who took their hearing for granted. 

Now four years later, everything will change as I meet a famous group called One Direction and realize with a change in direction, life can always look up, even for a deaf person. All you need to do is to just listen.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Okay. So I know I already have a one direction fan fic out there, and I will continue to work on that and my harry potter story. At least I hope to get that back up. But see this story I've started is close to my heart. It's dedicated to one of my friends who loves one direction and is wanting to becoming a speech pathlogist and she does sign language. I respect her greatly and I wanted to write this story. I've also recently seen some threads on the internet how some people want to become deaf and I think that's ridiculous. I mean if I was deaf and I read that I would be mad, because if you're completely deaf you can't hear anything, high pitch noises and what not. But I mean technology is advancing so I know they have things they are working on to help those who are hearing impaired. Anyways, this story is close to my heart and I wanted to write it and put it up. I've only got like two chapters down so far. So hopefully you guys like it and sorry if I mess up on some stuff. Enjoy and enjoy what you have in your life (: Sorry this was a long rant.

Check out vide in the side, it's epic!