Chapter 13

Chapter 13

 WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS DRUG REFERENCES

Thud, thud, thud.

The bass vibrated into my bones, into my blood, until I couldn't tell the difference between the music and my heartbeat. We locked eyes, Eli and I, but we never spoke. The room was pulsing with laser lights, so I kept grinding, swaying my hips to and fro into Eli's, digging my nails into his shoulder blades.

I had never seen his face close up before.

The first thing I noticed was his nose; it was straight, but had a sign of a bump in the middle where I'm sure he had broken it. Probably during a fistfight or another. His cheekbones and jaw could cut glass, and the colour of his hair was either brown or black – I couldn't tell in the dark space.

He looked delicious.

With my impaired judgement, I reached over and bit his neck, a tiny little love bite that made him falter, then flip me around so that we were no longer face to face. I grinned into the air.

Thud, thud, thud.

He was the first to break the silence – and I knew that he would break it. He wouldn't be here, dancing with me, on me, if he didn't have an ulterior motive. I didn't care. I didn't care about anything that didn't involve his tongue in my mouth. His breath was hot, smelling like tobacco and whisky, when he leaned in to whisper in my ear.

"I know what you did."

I laughed roughly. "Oh?" My dress was dangerously high, and his fingers took advantage of it, spreading themselves along my inner thighs. I knew what he was talking about, but I also knew that I didn't care. I didn't care if he knew.

"You're a filthy little minx, you know that?" He was grinning, and I could feel the shape of his lips on my ear. My neck tensed up in anticipation, waiting for a kiss, or a bite, anything that was a repetition of what I'd done to him. "Giving head to Golden Boy in his car, and then coming here to seek me out."

"I didn't seek you out," I whispered, but I'm sure he didn't hear me. "You came to me."

"But you're not going to pull away now, are you?" he chuckled, fingertips and thumbs getting higher to the point where I could have growled in frustration. "You can't pull away. You need this too much."

"Fuck you," I moaned.

"With pleasure." The gentle caresses turned into forcefulness, and my breath caught and faltered, shocked by the change. I kept grinding and grinding, even when his hand found its way inside my underwear. He continued to talk, right into my ear, as if we were two friends having a normal conversation. "So how did you do it? How did you get away with it?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." I let out an excited gasp, one that he somehow heard, but the fire was spreading too fast for me to care.

Thud, thud, thud.

"Don't you?" He asked gently, curiously, and I bit my lip both at the sound of his tone and what he was doing. "You think you can lie to me?"

I couldn't speak – a rarity for me. Excitement and lust and alcohol were making a mess of my speech. I didn't want him to win this twisted little game of wills he was playing, but at the same time, I knew I had already lost. I reached behind me and tugged at his hair, trying to say what I couldn't with words.