Chapter 7: Meet the Tenth Member of Korea's Popular Female Idol Group

Before I went to Mr. Kim Young-min’s office, I accidentally bumped again the same guy in front of the elevator at the 15th floor. Because I rushed through Mr. Kim’s office, I didn’t notice that t he necklace that I was wearing fell down the floor. That guy picked my necklace that was supposed to be given, but I was gone.

I arrived at Mr. Kim’s office and saw his secretary. She told me to wait in the office because the CEO was having a meeting with one of the company’s artists. Thirty minutes after, Mr. Kim came with a big smile in his face. He embraced me and said, “I am very proud of you.” I thanked him for his support that he gave in the entire program. Then he asked me, “So are you ready to be a star in Korea?” 

I was surprised with what he had just said. I suddenly asked, “Honestly?”

“Yes,” he agreed with confidence.

“I can’t believe it! Am I going to be a member of a group or solo?”

“Both.”

“WHAT?!” I stood up from where I was seated.

“Follow me because they are still here.”

So I followed him. As he opened the door in the meeting room, the girls and their manager greeted me and gave me a warm welcome with open arms. Mr. Kim introduced the girls from left to right.

“Christina, meet your co-members: Yuri, Seohyun, Yoona, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, Sunny, Tiffany, Jessica, and Taeyeon. Girls, this is your tenth member, Maria Christina Kitana Gosiengfiao. Christina, from now on, you will be part of Girls’ Generation with a new name. You will be called Jung Eunkyo.”

The girls welcomed me, “Welcome, Eunkyo!”

“Congratulations, you’re now a member of our group! If you have questions about us, ask us,” Taeyeon said.

The manager announced that the group will record third album, and it will be released worldwide in different versions. He also discussed that we will be having rehearsals, photo shoots, and promotions. He told me that I don’t need to learn Korean language because I will be having a Korean instructor to guide me in speaking the correct pronunciation and the girls will teach me some easy phrases in Korean like their usual greeting to their fans. When the meeting ended, Mr. Kim called me in his office.

I entered inside his office with nervousness. He discussed every detail about my contract and company’s information including its vision, mission, values, rules, and regulations. The manager of Girls’ Generation also entered as he brought the official contract. I agreed with everything he had said and we signed a 2-year contract. Mr. Kim shook my hand and said, “Congratulations and welcome to SM Town Entertainment!”