Chapter 16

Chapter 16

'Expect the unexpected'

I sat there in shock. Not knowing what to do. There was a part of me saying to scream as loud as I can but there was another part saying to be silent, but I knew, either way, I was going to die. Before I could even think further than that a figure came and snapped his neck causing the guy with the gun to fall on the floor. The figure that saved me came out fully only for me to gasp.

There standing there in black leggings and a black jacket was no other than my best friend

"Esme!" I said with shock.

"Arielle-" Esme started to say but I cut her off.

"Please don't hurt me," I begged, fear suddenly coursing through my body. Before all this, I would have never been scared from her. Never, but now I don't even think I know her.

"What? I would never hurt you Arielle" she said coming closer to me.

"No! Get away from me!!" I said and try to move but only resulted in a cry of pain from me.

"Ok ok. See I won't hurt you. I'll even put my gun beside down if it makes uptown feel safer." she says this as she takes her gun and puts in on the floor.

"I know that you have a lot of questions but just know I would never hurt you. I mean if I wanted to I would have not killed that guy and the others," she said, sincerity in her voice.

"What do you mean others?" I asked puzzled.

"You really are sick. There were others too, but you don't have to be scared I killed them all" she said this as if it completely normal to kill someone.

"What?!" I said feeling scared all over again.

"Before you freak out and say that I am a killer and what not I want to explain first. I am a werewolf."

"Okay," I say.

"That's it? All you are going to say is okay?" she said completely freaked out by my reaction.

"I know about werewolves," I said and shrugged my shoulders lightly.

"What, since when? You know what I am going off topic. Well as I was saying I am a werewolf, but not a normal werewolf."

"What do you mean?"

"Well if you stop interrupting me I will tell you. As in was saying I am the vice-head guard of the werewolves. I was sent here to retrieve the prince. I only got my position as vice-head guard five months ago so you don't get to shout at me for not telling you this. Since the day I was born I had been training for this position, but I'm still the same Arielle. The only difference now is that you know I am a werewolf and am the vice-head guard. for this position,  The only difference is that now I'm a werewolf. I still like to eat and play pranks on people. So please don't be afraid of me. I know I kill people but I kill murders. Those murders would kill more people than I would kill in my whole lifetime. So please forgive me," she said looking at me in the eyes with tears in her eyes.

"If I could hug you right now I would but as you can see I'm stuck," I said with a grin playing on my lips.

"You haven't changed a bit have you Arielle?" she said with a laugh escaping her lips.

"Nope, I'm still me," I said laughing with her.

"What are you doing here and what happened to you?" Esme asked after our fit of laughter.

"It is a long story," I said truthfully.

"Well its good thing I have time," she said brightly.

"Whoa, that's wow. It is like every day there is a surprise for you." She said with a shocked expression on her face.

"Yep and that's what I have been doing for this past eleven months. You know I never thought I would actually say this aloud but, I missed you, Esme."

"Same here Arielle," she says coming over to me giving me a gentle hug with tears running down her face making me cry too.

"Esme," I asked suddenly.

"Yes," she said pulling away from the hug to look at me properly.

"What happened the night I was kidnapped?" I asked abruptly very curious about what happened that night.

"I'm giving you two seconds to get away from her!" Ace's booming voice spoke before she could answer.

-------------------------------

So sorry for the long wait!!

Hope this made up for it!!

Esme~~~ played by Amanda Seyfried ___ to the right

TTBMBFF