Episode 16: Hunted

Hey everyone, please pardon any grammatical errors in this chapter.  I haven't been able to get it edited yet, but when I do, I'll post the revised version

____________________________________________________________________

Hunted

            “Today’s a good day! Not even fat bastard Gordon can bring me down!” Ronnie shouted as he, Celine, and Cid entered Mr. Gordon’s classroom.

            “I heard that, Mr. McCormick,” Mr. Gordon stated as he began writing information on the board.

            “Ah shove it, Gordon,” Ronnie retorted, causing Mr. Gordon to glow bright red for a few seconds, although nothing came of it.

            “Ronnie, should you really be talking to a teacher like that?” Celine asked as they took their seats.

            “Ah shove it, Patterson,” Ronnie stated.

            “Cid, tell him that he should be more respectful?” Celine pleaded.

            “Why do you always bring me into this?” Cid asked in response.

            “Because he listens to you!” Celine stated.

            “That’s because he doesn’t have a naggy mom-voice when he’s lecturing me,” Ronnie explained as he began to spin his pencil on his finger like a basketball.

            “Neat trick,” Jason Hirigazawa stated as he seemingly appeared from out of thin air.

            “S***!?” Ronnie almost screamed, dropping his pencil on the floor.  “Where did this guy come from?” he muttered as he bent down to pick his pencil up.

            “He’s going to sit with us for the rest of the year, if that’s cool with you guys,” Celine declared.

            “It’s fine with me.  Welcome to the club.  T-shirts are $25, $250 if you’re buying them from Ronnie,” Cid stated with a light chuckle.

            “Our group is now a sausagefest.  Celine, why couldn’t you add a girl to the group?” Ronnie muttered Jason took a seat behind Celine.

            Celine simply rolled her eyes. 

            The bell then rang and Mr. Gordon began to address the class.  “Attention class… Today we will-“

            Mr. Gordon was thrown to the ground and several students were thrown across the room as the wall to Cid’s left suddenly exploded.

            Cid, who had been thrown from his seat as well, rose to his feet to find himself staring at a behemoth wolf like creature.  Its colossal form stood ten feet tall, possessed a torso not unlike that of a human being’s, and had four claws, each with nails that looked sharp enough to rip steel in two.  Cid remarked on how it looked surprisingly like the “werewolves” from that vampire romance movie.  That was if those “werewolves” were on rabies.

            The creature then opened its mouth.  Cid stared in awe as a ball of energy formed in the creature’s mouth.

            “Everybody get down!” Mr. Gordon shouted as he took cover behind a desk.

            Cid hit the floor as the ball of energy was released into a focused beam of energy that flew over his head, obliterated the opposite wall, and placed a crater in the wall and lockers across the hall outside.