The Fight for Ia

Dance team. Cheerleading. Golf. AP History. All Honors. Fourth year of French. Ia had A LOT on her plate on top of any normal teenage stuff especially drama. Drama, drama, drama! It fueled any high schoolers life whether they like it or not.

           Ia flipped a coin. Heads she went to Dance team, tails for an AP Seminar. She threw up the coin and trapped onto the back of her hand. Looks like I'm skipping the seminar. Ia grabbed her jacket and shoes with in hand she sprinted to the arts wing for practice. Ia stopped in front of "the black box" aka Drama room and slowed her heart rate to walk in casually.

               "Hey Guys!" Ia calls out to the group. They respond excited to see her for once. Ia pulled out her phone and sent a quick message begging Mercy to take notes for her at the seminar. She slid her phone into a backpack pocket and put her things down in a swift motion. She grabbed her hairtie and put her hair up in a high ponytail ready to start. Don't screw up this time!

------------------------------

Ia walked in ready for before school english. As she turned the corner in-front of her was the golf team. They do not look happy.

"Where were you at practice friday? Hm?" Georgy asked.

"Sorry, but you know I could not miss the first cheer practice of the season! I would get murdered worse by them and you know it. C'mon I'm not even one of the major competitors, I'm back-up!" Ia whined. They couldn't resist her!, she was the only girl on the team and they weren't exactly good with girls! Georgy and the others exchanged glances.

"Fine, don't miss todays practice!" Georgy said and walked off to book club. Ia relaxed and began to finish her english hw, she had 5 minutes. Why Georgy, why?! You know my schedule! Better not pull that 'equality act' again, you're just being selfish.... Ia looked up at the clock as she finished the last of her sentence and bounced down the stairs and around the corner. She slid into her seat with seconds to spare. She pulled out some paper and wrote down the homework from the board and began it before anything. Mercy had done the bellringer already and would explain anything she didn't understand later. A note bounced onto her desk and she opened it: French club and Debate want you back. -M

She grabbed her pencil and wrote a response: I was too busy with them last year and I'm on the dance team now.... Ia threw Mercy the paper back and quickly did the bellringer as the teacher announced that they would go over it. She knew Mercy was checking both their answers as she finished up the homework the teacher would assign. Time passed fast and next thing she knew they were dismissed.

"French club and debate are practically at their knees for you to come back. You were the best organizer for french and debate needs you at nationals. Y'know this year you wanted to go to nationals and win the Congress competition." Mercy said taking her spot next to Ia.

"I know but this year I'm only doing congress, no more interperative for me. Just tell me when I need speeches written and on what. I wrote 25 over the summer all on seperate, usual Congress topics. Hopefully they're'll all I need. I might do French again but I don't really think I have the time for it." Ia responded.

-------------

She closed her locker at the hallway began to clear a little. Next thing she knew though she had been surrounded. Congress team to the right. Dance team in front. Golf to her left. French diagonally left. Cheerleading diagonal right. Then last but not least some AP Seminar teacher who was not happy.

"You're coming to debate, right?" Congress asked.

"We have practice today, hello?" Dance team attitude spit out.

"You promised you'd come today" Georgy warned.

"How are you supposed to be co-captian if you don't show up?" A cheerleader said.

"France over here, parle vou always, no?" French head called.

"Why did you miss yet another seminar this year?" The irritated teacher called to her. Before she knew it they were fighting over her. It was too much, she ran out, not to be seen by them for a long time....