Chapter Three : Through the Night

Taemin woke up to the loud sound of rain. There was a puddle on the floor close to the wall as there was a window by it. He shivered as the harsh winds wrapped around him. Tears fell but never reached the bed, they had dried. He was scared, how long were they going to keep him? He pulled the blanket tighter around him, the roar of the storm got louder. He tried to go back to sleep but the constant sound of the rain and a bright white light flashing every so often. 

Taemin tightened his grip on the blanket as he felt it slipping away from him. He shut his eyes tightly trying to block out the scary visions before him. Shivering violently now, he rolled over closer to the wall, trying to gain more heat.

Obviously, as it was just a wall, no heat radiated from it. Taemin was left to try and gain his own body heat, which failed too. He was too cold to even generate energy, let alone heat. His tears got heavier but they still dried up before reaching the bed. Taemin snuggled into his neck, trying to ignore the gusts of wind and sound of rain. 

Finally the rain calmed a bit, there was no storm, just a few drops of rain came in. Slowly the room was flooded with light. It got brighter by the minute. Now that the rain had stopped Taemin had finally drifted off. He dreamt of being back at the studio. 

"Hyung, hyung!" Taemin called. He ran over to Key and hugged him laughing, they had just finished rehearsal for a show they were doing. They both laughed as Key swung him around. Jonghyun joined in the fun, grabbing Taemin's legs, "Wooah! Hyung~" Taemin giggled. Key grabbed his arms and they started to swing him. "NO! No, no stop ahahahaha~" Taemin squealed as he was swung back and forth. They let him go and he flew into Minho. Minho caught him and started to laugh when the dizzy Taemin tried to walk around. He waddled and swayed as they all laughed at him. 

His dream then went back to the pre-debut days. When they were trainees. Taemin smiled in his sleep.

"My name is Lee Taemin nice to meet you!" Taemin bowed his head at the four other boys. "I like to dance." He grinned. The others smiled. 

"I am Kim Kibum~" One spoke, he had black hair that swiped across his face. He wore stylish clothes, much prettier than the rest. "But you can call me Key!" 

"I am Lee Jinki, but I prefer to be called Onew, it's easier." The oldest one spoke, shining his bright smile to Taemin as he bowed. 

"Choi Minho.." The one with short hair spoke up, he seemed a bit shy, he thought Taemin was older. Turns our he wasn't though!

"I am Kim Jonghyun, nice to meet you~ I love to sing!" The last said, he had strong jaws and big eyes, almost dog-like.

They got closer through the trainee days. 

Taemin was awoken by the loud sound of banging, he opened his eyes and was blinded by the sudden light. He sat up and looked around frowning, letting his eyes adjust. He spotted that woman at his cell again. She held out food. Lazily Taemin slumped himself over. She gave him a slightly worried look and frowned.

"Are you feeling well?" She asked, slightly worried. Taemin looked up, his eyes drooped and his skin was pale, he shook his head slowly. His nose was blocked and you could tell as he breathed heavily from his mouth. He held out his shaking hand to grab the slop. The woman watched him as he grabbed it. She felt sorry for him. "Here.." She whispered passing him a chocolate bar. His eyes slightly widened and he stepped back. 

"Oh.. No, I couldn't.." His voice was slightly different (you know when your nose is blocked). He rejected her offer.

"Yes you can," She said, pushing it into his hand. "It'll be okay, don't worry honey." The woman comforted, she left the bar of chocolate in his hand and walked away. Taemin looked down at his hands, at the chocolate bar. He smiled and walked closer to the bars, he stuck his head out as far as possible. 

"Gamsahabnida~" Taemin called.