Chapter Six: Nugget Returns

The sunlight was shining down on to the feild were Nugget was playing chase with his friend, Muffin the Mule. They continued playing until Muffins mother came over to the feild to take him home.  

"Goodbye Nugget," called out Muffin as he walked across the feild with his mother. 

"Goodbye Mufin," replied Nugger. 

"We'll play tomorrow Nugget," shouted Muffin across the feild. 

"See you soon Muffin," shouted Nugget as Muffin and his mother disapeared around the corner.

Nugget didn't want to go home yet, so he stayed in the feild, chasing the butterflies. Nugget was to busy playing that he didn't realise the sunlights rays beating down on to his back. As he thought about how to cool down, he spotted Caroline the Cat walking through the feild with Myles the Marbled Cat. Nugget had an idea, he would ask them, so he ran over calling their names.

"Caroline... Myles wait!" Nugget said as he got closer. 

"Yes Nugget" Caroline replied turning to face Nugget. 

"Do you need something Nugget?" Myles asked, moving to stand next to Caroline. 

"Yes, do you know how I can cool down? I'm very hot," Nugget answered. 

"You could visit the pond? I don't know were else you could go" answered Myles. 

"Sorry we couldn't help much Nugget," Caroline added. 

"You helped plenty, thanks," Nugget replied before running towards the pond. 

Caroline and Myles laughed as they continued their journey to the mansion, their new home.

It took about ten minutes for Nugget to reach the pond. He had to reach the end of the feild, cross the road and then go through the trees to the clearing.

Without thinking, Nugget ran over and leapted in to pond, he landed in the middle. This caused a splash, getting a rabbit wet and scaring him away.

It took milliseconds for Nugget to remember one, very important detail, he couldn't swim. He was supposed to learn, but since the 'incident' on the first lesson, he never tried to learn again. Even though it was a pond, Nugget was only a young pony and struggled to stay about the water to breathe.

"How could I be so stupid," Nugget said himself, not expecting a reply. 

"Do you need help?" a green frog croaked. 

"Yes, please get help, I can't swim," Nugget spluttered as his head went under the water for a second. 

"There is no time, you need to learn and quick," the frog replied. 

"I can't," weeped Nugget as he struggled to stay about the waters surface. 

"You can, I believe in you," the frog said encouragingly. 

"Okay, I'll try," Nugget said bravely. 

"First you kick your back legs, as if your running," the frog said wisely. 

"Okay, what's next?" Nugget asked as he followed the first instruction. 

"You need to kick your front legs too," the frog answered. 

"Okay, what's next?" Nugget asked as he followed the two instructions. 

"Just keep your head up, while kicking your front and back legs," the frog announced. 

"I'll try," Nugget replied.

At first, Nugget thought he was sinking even though he was following the frogs instructions, he really thought he was going to drown, until... 

"Your swimming Nugget," he opened his eyes to see Kuukan-Wolf, his friend who moved to rule and live in the BLACK Universe. 

"Really, Kuukan," Nugget said smiling. 

"Nugget, it's so great to see you," Kuukan-Wolf said grinning. 

"Kuukan, join me for a swim," Nugget said happily.

Instead of answering with words, Kuukan-Wolf answered by doing a running jump in to the water. They swam and splashed and had fun till it was time to go home.

"Please visit soon," said Nugget outside his house. 

"I will, I have a friend I want you to meet, I met her in space," Kuukan-Wolf grinned. 

"That's nice," Nugget sighed. 

"Don't worry we are best friends forever," Kuukan-Wolf told Nugget. 

"I am so glad to here that, bring your friend anytime," Nugget said before laughing. 

"She actually hasn't visited Earth before," Kuukan-Wolf revealed. 

"Wow, we have to show her everything, what's her name," Nugget said. 

"Space-Cat, I know me, best friends with a cat," Kuukan answered.

"Nugget, tea time," Nugget's mother called from inside. 

"I have got to go in," Nugget said sadly. 

"Watch me leave, you were already asleep last time," Kuukan-Wolf said, revealing an old memory she never forgot. 

"Sure, bye Kuukan," Nugget said kindly. 

"Bye Nugget, see you soon," Kuukan-Wolf said before taking a running start and jumping in to the. She then kept running on the air, heading towards the end of Earths atmosphere. Nugget watched his friend, till she disapeared from view.

Before Nugget went in, his mother opened the door. 

"What is taking so long Nugget?" she asked concerned. 

"Kuukan-Wolf visited, she just left though," Nugget said sadly. 

"Oh, it's nice of her too visit," his mother replied. 

"I miss her already," Nugget replied. 

"Of course you do, your best friends," his mother said. 

"What if she doesn't come back," Nugget said tearing up. 

"She will always come back, your very important to her," his mother said truthfully, before they went to inside with the family to have tea, where Nugget told them about his busy day. 

The End... For Now