Chapter 1: Water Isn't Blue

Being the only light in my room, the bright, red numbers blinking on the clock on my bedside table was the only thing to stare at while my mind drove out of place. It read 2:00 am. Two o'clock. Two. Two as in the numbers of days I've been here. Number of days as in, number of failures in a day. Failures as in, I always fail to make people happy. Happy as in, I'm never happy.

Thoughts piled on piles, and the the weight of it made my vision blurry. I wiped the locked tears out of my eyes and walked out of my hotel room. The cold breeze let me feel something that didn't have to do with my emotions or my feelings, and it was refreshing to feel it. I walked to the bench by the swimming pool and sat down. It's different. It's different from what the parking lot looked like only about 5 hours ago. The screaming girls, glittery posters, the overwhelming heat of 2,000 people all crammed together in one parking lot, waiting to get a view of nine handsome faces; it all died along with their awake ness. It must be nice to sleep. I remember it being peaceful and so relaxing. I remember being excited to dream. I remember not worrying.

I stared at the pool and just tried to focus on the way the blue water swayed so lightly to the rhythm of the soft wind. It relaxed me, more than sleep could've tonight, and I just wanted to watch the water for the rest of my life. I didn't want to move from where I was sitting and I didn't wanna look away from the calming blue.

Something distracted me. The sound of shoes brushing against concrete. As if the person walking was having a hard time picking up their feet to walk. The sound got closer and closer to me. I decided not to let the sound ruin my mitigation so I didn't look up to see who or what it was. Using my peripheral vision I saw a figure coming up to me. The figure stopped when it reached the end of the bench I was sitting on. I could feel it looking at me. To stop the situation from getting any more awkward, I looked up.