Chapter 14

One week later...

I was laying in bed with Riley. My head was laying on his chest. Now that we were dating, I allowed him to sleep in the bed with me. Sleeping is all that ever took place, though. I pulled myself from his grasp, and went to find some clothes to wear. I didn't feel like staying in my pajamas all day.

"Where are you going, Sky?"

"I wanna take a walk. You wanna come?"

"Nah. I think I'm gonna stay here and hang out. Taylor is supposed to show up later. I gotta babysit him." He told me.

"Oh. Alright then. That's fine. I'll be back later."

"Okay. I'll see you when you get back." He kissed me, and I walked out of his bedroom, down the hall, and out the front porch.

I didn't really know where I was going. I was just going wherever my feet led me. My phone was buried deep in the pocket of my blue jean cut offs, and my headphones blared Just Like You by Three Days Grace.

My phone vibrated madly in my pocket.I pulled it out, and unlocked it.

1 new text message from: Trenton

I sighed and opened it.

Trenton: We need to talk.

Skylar: No we don't. We have nothing to talk about.

Trenton: Please?

Skylar: Fine. I'm on my way.

Trenton: Thanks Sky.

Skylar: Yeah yeah.

I slid my phone back in my pocket, and looked around. I was already close to my house. When it came into view, I walked up the sidewalk. I opened the door, and walked in. I stopped in the living room, and crossed my arms as I looked at my older brother.

"This better be important." I said in a bored tone.

"It is. Sky, I was wrong. I never should have taken his side. I can't stand you not living here. It just doesn't feel right."

"Yeah, well, you should have thought about that before you took his side over mine without even knowing the whole truth."

"Damn it Sky! Would you stop? I'm trying to apologize here. I know I took his side over yours. And I'm sorry. But if you remember, I did try to find out the whole truth. You were the one who wouldn't tell me what happened."

"It's called trust, Trenton! Which you obviously didn't have for me."

"Sorry."

"What changed your mind about it anyways?" I asked him.

"Although I don't know everything that happened, I do know he cheated on you. He brought several girls in here. A different one every night. And every night before he went to get them, he'd ask me about you. It kinda pissed me off. I think everyone deserves a second chance. And you gave that to him. You're my sister. From now on, I'm just going to trust you when it comes to Marcus ."

"Alright. Thanks. So, where is he now?"

"He left. I told him he was out of jail, so it was time for him to go back to his house."

"Oh."

"So, you're free to come home whenever you like. I promise that'll never happen again."

"Okay. But, I'm telling you now. Riley and I are together, and I don't want to hear you complaining about it. Alright?"

"Yeah. Alright." He stayed silent for a while. "So, what is the whole truth? What really did happen between you and Marcus?"

"Trenton."

"I'm just curious. I'm not taking his side." He said. I sighed.

"I'm not going to tell you right now. I'll tell you when I'm ready. But, I'm sure you'll find out before I tell you."

"Okay then."

***************

"I'm gonna go back to Riley's. I might be back later. If I stay there, I'll text you and let you know."

"Alright. See ya later, kid." I waved to him, and walked out the door.

Walking down the darkened street, I had a sudden sense of deja vu. This was just like the night Riley saved me from that guy in the alley. Flashbacks of that night ran through my mind, and I shivered. I crossed my arms tight over my chest, and quickened my pace a little bit.

A truck drove up behind me, and moved slowly, matching my pace. The head lights were off, and I couldn't see the color of it. I quickened my pace a little more. Up ahead, the sidewalk continued straight, or went off into a dead end.  I got close to it, and the truck sped up, blocking my way. Three guys climbed out of the cab, and 2 more jumped out of the bed. The leaned against the truck. The driver walked closer to me, but I couldn't see his face.

"Why don't you and I have ourselves a little chat." Oh, my no!