~Sophie and Zayn~

Sophies's POV;

(When she was 12)

"Come, on!" I shout to my friend while running.

"Hold on!" she panted, trying to catch up with me.

I made it to the finish line.

"Told you I'd make it!" I say, smiling proudly.

"Yeah,yeah. Let's go over there!" Amy pointed to a group of about four guys. One of them had black hair, the rest had brown hair.

"Okay!" I reply.

As Amy and I walked over, the black-haired boy stared at me. I wave to him as a greeting. He slowly waved back, almost like a zombie.

"Hello!" Amy shouted once we were close.

I heard a chorus of 'Hi's.

"I'm Amy."

"I'm Sophie!"

"Dylan,"

"Josh."

"Liam,"

"Zayn. Nice to meet you." Zayn was the one who was polite to us, versus the other three, who were chatting away.

"Cool name!" I say, before I thought it through. I clapped a hand over my mouth.

Instead of being offended, he chuckled. "Thanks."

From that day on, Zayn and I became great friends.

****************************************************

I smiled at that memory. I'll never forget Zayn, one of my best friends. Zayn is now a part of One Direction, the five most wanted boys right now. It's been FOREVER since I've seen him. Sighing, I put on my converse as I headed outside.

"Ouch!" I say as I look at my knee. I just tripped over my feet. Again. (A/N: this happens to me a lot on a daily basis. Sad. *Shakes head shamefully*)

Oh, well.  I thought. I brushed off the dirt on my ripped jeans.

I got up, retrieved my skateboard, and skateboarded  to the park. When I arrived, I saw a bunch of girls talking. As I walked by, I heard their conversations.

"OMG, Jess, did you hear about Eleanor Calder and Louis Tomlinson!?"

"I heard that Niall is-"

"Did you hear about Zayn's response in the interview?" I heard on girl. I turned to her.

"Sorry. I missed that interview. What about it?" I ask.

"Are you a Directioner?" She asked, crinkling her nose at my appearance.

"Yes. Zayn's my favorite!"  I say.

"Oh. Well, he was talking about some Sophie girl he wants to catch up with. She's a friend of his, I guess." She said matter-of-factly.

"Oh! Thanks! Bye!" I run off.

He wants to catch up with me? Yes!! I wasn'y paying attention, and ran into someone.

"Sorry!" I say, looking at him.

"No worries, Sophie." he grinned. He had shades and a hoodie on.This guy's voice is familiar...

"Zayn!" I say, and hug him.

"Missed you," he said.

"Right back at you!"  I say into his shoulder.

He let me go.

Zayn's POV:

I was standing there, knowing Sophie would be here. For some reason, she keeps running through my mind. Her brown eyes, her brown hair, her clumsiness.... I love all of that about her. When she ran into me, I was happy instead of upset. Surprisingly enough, she didn't recognize me at first. As we talked, she realized  it was me. I'm pretty happy she remembered.

"Wanna come over to my house?" Sophie asked.

I nod. "Sure!"

*************************************************

 Sophie and I were sitting on her lawn, talking. Mainly about the band.

"What's Louis like? Is he always crazy?" Sophie asked.

"Yeah. It can be hilarious, though. 'Vas happening!?" I called to a passerby.

"Nice! Hey, squirrel!" Sophie pointed to a squirrel.

"Hi!" we both called to it.

For the rest of the time, we talked and laughed.

"How long are you staying?" asked Sophie.

"For a few months." I reply.

"Great!"

"Yep. Um,  you want to go out with me?" I ask.

"Yes." Sophie breathed.

We leaned in, and our lips met. The next few months will be fun!