Chapter 3

Picture is inspiration for the character Alexander.

“Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I. Fucking. Hate. That. Fucking. Kid.”

            “S-Sam… Don’t break my controller, please…” I plead with him as he violently mashes the buttons on the controller, playing his deadly video game. Alexander and Lucas went down to get a drink and they haven’t been back up in a half an hour. I don’t know if I should be worried or not that those two are alone. For all we know, it could be the Taylor incident again.

            Suddenly, the door swings open and in walks Lucas, his head held high with a smirk plastered on his face. He plops down on the bed next to Sam and mumbles, “Shane, Alexbaby wants to talk to you.”

            Hesitantly, I get up and drag myself over to the door. I’m kind of nervous leaving these two alone in the same room. Sam’s on the verge of murdering him and he’s just super smug being able to touch Alexander all he wants.

            I sigh and walk downstairs to the kitchen. I glance around and notice he’s not in here, and then I walk into the living, where I find him sitting on the couch in the dark, the only light being the kitchen.

            “What’s going on, Alexander?” I sit down next to him. He immediately wraps his arms around me tightly and I automatically hold him close.

            “L-Lucas… asked to stay the night…”

            “Don’t tell me you said yes,” I groan and wait for an answer. All I got was silence. Great, now not only do I have to worry about Sam and Alexander getting into a fight, but I have to worry about Sam killing Lucas or Lucas doing something to Alexander? Give me a break…

            “We shouldn’t leave those two upstairs for so long,” I get up and pull him up, “come on.”

            “Oh my gosh! They’re alone by themselves?!” he exclaims and rushes up the stairs, pulling me along, and barges into my room. Sam and Lucas glance up at us like we’re a couple of lunatics, Sam sitting on the bed, leaning against the headboard, reading a magazine and Lucas sitting on the floor playing a video game.

            “Everything’s in place,” I whispered to Alexander.

            “He’s not even glaring at him…” he whispers back.

            “Everything okay?” Lucas asks, pausing his game, “and by the way… where am I sleeping at tonight?”

            Sam raises an eyebrow, “You’re staying over?” He glances over at Alexander. Alexander avoids eye contact with him and sits on the foot of my queen-sized bed, staring down at his lap.

“Yeah, Alexbaby said I could stay over,” Lucas glances at Sam, grinning. Sam looks to Alexander, shocked, then grits his teeth and scowls. Alexander sits there, fidgeting.

“You can sleep on the couch downstairs. Come on, I’ll get you set up,” I tell Lucas. He glances at me, slightly disappointed. I can only imagine where he wanted to sleep. He follows me out of the room.

Alexander’s Point of View

I glance up and watch the two leave the room, Lucas dragging his feet behind him. I’m such a dummy! It’s not exactly my fault though… Lucas told me he couldn’t get a ride home from his parents and that he was going to walk. He put the guilt trip on me… What else should I have done?