The short second life of Bree Tanner

The Volturi was here.

Jane was in the front. Felix, Demitri and Alec was behind her.

" Welcome Jane." Edward said

Janes eyes looked at all of us, until they reached Bree.

" I don't understand." Janes voise was toneless, but you could tell she was interested.

" She didn't want to fight." Edward explained.

" Didn't want to fight?" Jane said

Demitri and Felix exchanged looks.

" Carlisle gave her that possibility." Edward said with a shrug.

" There is no possibilities for those who breaks the rules." Jane said.

" That you decides" Dad said with s soft voice, " As long as she didn't attack us, I didn't see a reason to destroy her. She didn't get to learn."

" It doesn't matter." Jane insisted.

" As you wish."

Jane looked at dad, like she didn't believe him. She shook her head and gaderd herself.

" Aro hoped that we would take us long enough to the west to see you, Carlisle. He sends his best wishes."

Dad nodded." And I hope you send him my best wishes."

" Ofcource " Jane smiled. She cast a look at the smoke. " It looks like you have done our work... most of it anyway." She looked at Bree again. " A question - How many was it? They left a lot of destruction in Seattle."

" 18, including this one " Dad answered.

Janes eyes widened and she looked at the fire, as if trying to see how big it was. Felix and Demitri shared another look.

" 18? " She asked again, almost sounding uncertain.

" All new Born's, they where all untrained " Dad said

" All of them? Who created them?" Jane asked

" Her name was Victoria." Edward answered with no emotions in his voise.

" Was?"

Edward pointed towards east, where another smoke cloud was.

" This Victoria - she wasn't one of the 18 here?" Jane asked.

" No. She had another with her. He wasn't as young as those here, but he wasn't older than a year."

" Twenty. Who took care of the Creator?" Jane asked.

" That did I " Edward said.

Jane turned to Bree.

" You over there. Your name."

When Bree didn't open her mouth, Jane used her power. Bree's screams where soon heard. Nobody moved, we all had no emotions in our faces, except for Bella who was hiding her face in Edward's chest.

Finally it became silence.

" Your name " Jane repeated toneless.

" Bree " Bree said.

Jane smiled, and Bree started screaming again. I just looked at her until she became quiet again.

" She will tell you all you need to know. You don't need to do that." Edward said in a cold voise.

" Oh, I know." Jane said and smiled at Edward before turning to Bree again.

" Bree " , She said coldly. " Is it true what he says? Where you twenty?"

" 19 or 20. Maybe more. I don't know! Sara and the other, don't know her name, was attacked on the way here..."

" And this Victoria - was it her who created you?"

" I don't know, Riley never told us her name. I couldn't see anyhing that night...it was dark, it hurt... He didn't want us to think about her. He said our thought's wasn't safe..."

Jane cast a look at Edward.

" Tell me about Riley" Jane said. " Why did he brought you here?"

" Riley said we had to destroy the strange yellow eyed here. He said that it would be easy. He said that the town was their, and that they where going to attack us. He said that once they where gone, all the blood would be ours, and he gave us her sent." Bree pointed to Bella. " He said that we would if we had found the right group, since she would be with them. He said that the one who found her first would get her."

" It seems like Riley was wrong about it being easy." Jane said.

Bree nodded.

" I don't know what happened. We split up, but the others never came back. Riley left us, he never came and helped us as he promised. It was all very confusing... and then all where ripped apart. I was scared. I wanted to run. He..." She pointed to dad. "...said that they wouldn't hurt me if I stopped fighting."

" Oh, but he had no right to promise that, my dear. Rule breaking must be punished." Jane said in an unexpected soft voice.

Jane looked at dad. " Are you sure you got all of them? The other grup too?"

Dad nodded.

Jane smiled a bit. " I can't deny that I am impressed . I've never seen a grup who can handle a big attack as this without any loses. Do you know what was behind this? It seems a bit unmotivated, since you live here. And why where they after the girl?" Jane asked, looking at Bella.

" Victoria wanted revenge. " Edward answered

Jane laughed. " She seems to stir up power-full reactions from our kind, that one." Jane said and smiled at Bella.

Edward suddenly looked at Jane, away from Bella. " Could you please stop doing that?" He asked. Jane must have tried to use her power against Bella.

Jane laughed again. " Just testing. No harm done, apparently. Oh well, it doesn't seem like there is much left for us to do. Strange. We are not used to come in no need. Too bad we missed the fight. Sounds like it was fun."

" Yes, and you where so close. Too bad you couldn't come an half hour sooner - then you would have been able to do you work." Edward said.

" Yes, too bad it went like it did, right?"

Edward nodded to himself, like his suspicion was confirmed.

Jane turned to Bree again, with a bored face. " Felix?"

" Wait" Edward said " We can explain the rules for the young. She looks like she would like to learn them. She didn't know what she was doing."

" Ofcource ", dad said. " We are ready to take care of Bree."

" We don't give second chances. It wouldn't be good for our reputation. Which reminds me..." She turned to look at Bella. " Caius will love to hear that you are still a human. Maybe he decides to visit."

" The date is set" Alice said. " Maybe we will come and visit you in a few months."

Jane shrugged her shoulders and turned to dad. " It was nice to see you again, Carlisle. Until we meet again..."

Dad nodded.

" Take care of that Felix" Jane said bored. " I want to go home."

Felix went to Bree and snapped her neck and then threw her into the fire, which was still burning.

Once he was done they turned around to leave, but Jane suddenly stopped and turned around again.

" Right, I almost forgot. Lily, my friend, there has been some rumors that a wolf has imprinted on you. Is that true? Please don't lie, it only makes things worse."

" Yes that is true " I said in a strong voice. I am friend with Jane, but I know that duty comes first in her book.

" Alright, I'm sure Aro would love to hear this. I hope we met again soon Lily." She said and with that she and the rest of Volturi left.