No, Keaton

You rush out the door as you knew what was coming. He dropped hints for days but you never thought he'd do it. You knew what he was going through and how he felt. You knew his troubles and you tried helping him and showing him how great he was and you'd never know how much you've helped him. He loved you. He loved you more than words could ever explain. You loved him too, more than he'd know but you were never confident enough to tell him. Maybe one day you could admit it but right know you had no time to play silly games.

"Keaton! Open up," you banged on the house door. You knew he was alone because no one was every home at this time of day.

Inside Keaton sat hunched over with blood running down his wrist, a tingling sensation caressing his body slowly. He threw his head back angrily at all his mistakes. He was angry at the world but more hurt than anything. How could he be treated so bad when he's been so good to the world? He's always been a nice, loving, caring human being and to be treated the way he was, was not something he seen as ok. He was bullied and tormented on a daily, bringing you into it as you tried sticking up for him. He always was though. Even since grade school the kids picked on him and you every once in awhile because you hung out with the 'freak'. No one understood your love for the boy but it was there whether they'd like to see it or not. Little did you know they only messed with you because they themselves wanted you. You were just a desirable person and for the freak to have you was downgrading. Keaton never knew how lucky he was to have you but he only seen a fraction of it and that was all he needed to stop and think before his doing. He held the pills loosely in hands, shaking them, ready to sleep for eternity. Ready to get away from the nonstop harassment but the thought of you on his mind made him rest his evil thoughts for a second in time. He needed you, you pushed him along day by day. If anything you were his anchor, his rock in life. You held him down in his darkest days and lifted him higher in his brightest days. He thought of suicide many times before but your love and the caring person you are, held him back. He cried to you many times before and you held him, tears rushing in your eyes as you seen him break right in front of you. You held the broken boy in a way you fixed his broken heart. He was just a lost soul, lost in a world of trouble and hurt. His heart ached as his sobs racked over his aching body. If he left, life would be better for everyone. He just wasn't thinking about you. It was done with trying any longer but he'd never know how hurt you'd be if he left, gone for good. You'd blame yourself for not taking hints or trying to help, he'd just never understand. He could never explain his feelings but you'd always seem to understand the words that couldn't come out. You completed his missed pieces and he knew it. He couldn't live without you but he knew you'd be better off without him. It was a lie though. You couldn't live without him because he pushed you along. He brought you up when you were down and held your hand through everything, he was just too naive to listen to their words. You needed him. He needed you.

"Keaton," you screamed at the top of your lungs, knowing he damn well heard you and he in fact did. He sobbed harder than ever as he heard your voice ache with pain and hurt, something he pushed onto you. He knew he was hurting you but nothing too bad. He thought you were just mad at him for what he did earlier but you knew time was running short. You bang on the door and he heard your hands pound achingly fast and hard on the wooden door. Tears ran down your cheeks as you began to breathe hard. He couldn't take his life yet. You couldn't live without him.

"Please, Keaton," you sobbed and banged your head on the door.

Keaton slowly grabs a pill and shakily brings it to his lips. He swallows slowly, taking in the fact he was going to go through with his plan. Tears silently run down his cheeks as he takes another and another. He became empty, hollow like a rotten tree homed to an owl. Tears ran empty along with his heart. He felt no remorse, it was time. He wasn't needed any longer. No one needed him and he was realizing that. His mind became dark with demons and chewing, mind blowing thoughts that would send anyone to a psycho ward. He no longer felt the hurt and pain. He smiled in want, ready to accept his fate. You slipped from his mind.

You rush around the front, moving and shoving things out of way to find the key they left outside. You rush to the pot by the door and lift it up. Only to come short of nothing. You let out a strangled 'fuck'. You knew you were running out of time. You rush through the rocks in front and trip over a big one. Your knees run over the jagged rocks, starting to bleed. You sucked in a huge breathe, ready to say every curse word in the book. It wasn't because you were physically hurting but your best friend, your love, was inside ready to take his life and here you are messing around in rocks. You look down to see the house key hidden within the rocks you fell on. You jump around with the key and give a quick praise to the heavens. You hurry to the door to open it and up the stairs straight to Keaton's bathroom. You stand paralyzed in the door frame as you watch Keaton breathe heavily, blood running down his aching wrist, and ready to pop another pill out of the ten in his hand. You knew he took more than just a few and you rush to his side as your senses came back to mind. You knock the pills out of his hand and move to the tub. You turn on the water to hot and go back to Keaton, wrapping your hands under his armpits in attempt to get him up.

"No," he told you weakly, knocking your hand away.

"Yes," you scream at him, roughly grabbing him and throwing him in the hot shower. You get in and sit behind him, wrapping yourself around him.

"Please, Keaton. Hang in there with me," you see his eyes start to roll and you open his mouth, shoving two fingers down his throat as he started to retch. You did a few more times before everything in his stomach rush through his body and out of his mouth. It runs down the drain with the mix of water. It still got on the both of you but you didn't mind and by the looks of it, neither did Keaton. You bring him closer and wrap your arms tightly around the boy. You sob heavily into him as water runs down the both of you.

"I'm sorry," you sob out. "I'm sorry I wasn't here and didn't take hints earlier, I was mad. This is all my fault and here you are, on the verge of death and I feel like a horrible friend. Why would you do this, Keaton? You hurt me and you would've hurt everyone that loved you," he tries looking away but you grab his soaking face.

"No one loves me," his eyes become droopy and he looks like his body was ready to give up on him.

"You're so fucking dumb, Keaton! I love you. I love you than anyone in this world, more than anyone else. Why can't you see that? Why do you think I stuck through with you since day one? Tell me because if your selfish enough to take your own life, you don't love me. You don't love me Keaton and you've never have. But I've loved you since the day I realized why I went through so much trouble to stick up for your sorry ass. You'll never understand the love I have for you because you're too blind to see it. Open your fucking eyes, Keaton! I'm madly in love with you," you scream angrily at him as he watches you tiredly. He was ready to give up but you saying those words pushed him along. Tears engulf his eyes as he realizes just how dumb he was for almost taking his life. He loved you and he loved you to the moon and back. He needed you and you only but he was too dumb to see it.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything," he sobs into you now. You hold him as he lets everything out, everything he's ever wanted to tell you.

"I love you more than anything. Maybe I wasn't the dumb one. Maybe I did realize you loved me. What if you were just dumb enough to realized I loved you," he start sobering up and starring in your eyes. "I loved you longer than you could've known. I love everything about you and every flaw and quirk of you. I love you more than time can tell and more than life itself because you've held me down for years on end. You've just never realized how much you mean to me," he stares longingly but lovingly into your eyes. He knew he could never have you. You were just a beautiful sin to be taken. Maybe you were best for him but he knew he was nothing for you. He did no good in the world but as long as you lived, he would take advantage of your love but only in a way people imagine.