Chapter 29 (Thursday)

Korrine's POV

I kill the tacos within minutes and set the plate down, but even a full stomach can't get my mind off of everything that's going on. I want to forgive Jessie, but I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that I was twisted up into this, and he let it happen. I let out a sigh and lean back against the wall for some support. I try to ignore the fact that it's dirty and covered in dry blood stains, but it's not that easy. The mattress is already bad enough. I'm guessing this is where they keep everybody they kidnap.

"Do you want another Tylenol?" Jessie's friend asks.

"I'm straight. I just want to get out of here," I say.

"You know we didn't have nothing to do with this, right? Gustavo wanted it done, and Jessie and everybody had to follow the orders," the other girl says. "Marisol and I are just watching out for you like Jessie asked."

"You don't even know how much you mean to him," Marisol says.

"Yeah? How do you figure that?" I ask, letting out a dry laugh.

"He told me himself, but he didn't even have to. I saw it with his actions. The way he got so angry after seeing what they did to you, the way he held you, the way he looked at you. It was all love," she says, staring at her hands in her lap.

I shake my head. "I know he loves me, but recently it's just been hard to believe sometimes."

The door swings open, cutting our conversation short, and an older man is standing there with a panicked expression. We can hear females screaming, a lot of running around, and even gunshots from the outside. "¿Qué está pasando ahí fuera?/What's going on out there?" Marisol asks, jumping to her feet.

"Ellos están aquí , y están exigiendo que su mano a ellos antes de que empiezan a matar/They're here, and they're demanding we hand her to them before they start killing," he says.

Who the hell is they? Is Marcus or Michael here to come and get me? I really hope so because the longer I stay in here, the worse it gets. I just want to go home and hug up next to Angel and tell her how much I love her.

"Tenemos que darle a ellos. Tenemos que hacerlo ahora ! No podemos arriesgar la vida de nadie , porque Gustavo quiere jugar secuestro/We have to give her to them. We have to do it now! We can't risk nobody's life because Gustavo wants to play kidnap," the other girls says, jumping up and unlocking the chain around my leg.

"My people are here?" I ask.

She nods and grabs my hand to lift me up. "We're going to try and get you to them as fast as possible, you have to tell them not to shoot," she says.

"I will. Come on," I urge.

On our way running out of the room I've been locked in for hours, she stops in her tracks before we can even get out of the hallway, keeping me and Marisol from going any further. I look past her, and there's another man facing us with a gun pointed at her. My jaw drops when I realize it's the man my mom showed me in the picture with my dad. It's Anthony.

"Silvia, just let her go so that he won't shoot," Marisol says. "Tell him not to shoot," she begs.

I slowly move around Silvia and put my hands up in a surrendering taunt. Anthony immediately puts his gun down once he sees me. "I'm okay. Don't shoot them. They were trying to help," I say, walking closer to him. "Is it really you, Anthony?"

He puts his gun up and nods before pulling me into his embrace. It feels like I'm hugging my dad again, which makes me hug him tighter. "I got you now, and I'm gonna get you out of here," he says, picking me up bridal style. "Tuck your head in my chest, and don't raise it until I tell you it's okay."

I do as he says without saying anything. I'm just as ready to get out of here as he is. I feel him starting to run as screams and commotion get louder and louder. "I got Ren. Let's go!"