Chapter Nine

SAGE.

“Hi, what can I get for you?” The young guy at Starbucks asked me as I came to the front of the line.

I wanted coffee so bad, “Uh, just a caramel frappe, and a coffee frappe too thanks,” I smiled.

“Sure thing pretty,” he winked and off he went. I fought the urge to roll my eyes at him.

Greyson was sitting at a small table when I walked over with our drinks, he was still so hung over. Wearing black thick frames and a baseball cap as he leant back in his chair, I’d have said he was asleep.

“Hey coffee’s here,” I smiled sitting down opposite him.

He gave me a nod, but I think he was still snoozing on and off.

It had been an hour since I dropped Oliver off and I missed him. Damn where did that come from? I shook my head, breaking those thoughts from my mind. As much as I wished he kissed me, I’m glad he didn’t.

Ugh, I needed to tell him. It was hard, I didn’t know how to say it.

I didn’t even have his number to text him and let him know, or if I was really going to see him again. Now that Cassie and Tony were off married and on their honeymoon, I doubt I’d see him at all. We didn’t hang out normally, we were just random strangers who fucked in a club and seem to have a strong, intense connection.

“You have a good time last night?” I asked, taking a long sip of my cold iced drink.

“Yeah I did. What about you?” he asked, taking his glasses off and rubbing his eyes. “I am so fucking tired, I feel like hell.”

I smiled, “I had great fun.” It was true, I had a really good time being out with my family. The dancing, food and being surrounded by family. My highlight was definitely the night and having Oliver in my bed, damn I didn’t want to wash those sheets ever.

“Why was Daniel, blowing at both ends?” I asked him in almost a whisper, making sure no one heard me.

He burst out laughing, “You don’t want to know, trust me that guy got his payback for cheating on you from me. He deserved it Sage, I couldn’t hit him so I did the next best thing.”

My curiosity picked up, I didn’t like where this was headed. “Greyson, what the hell did you do?”

He just kept a grin across his face, I nudged his foot with mine and glared. He sighed and nodded. “Ok, we made him a milkshake, and may have dosed it up with some laxatives, and I mean like a lot of them but I swear, we had no idea it’d work so fast that he’d not make it to the toilet.”

I burst into a fit of giggles, holding the side of my palm in my mouth and biting down so I wasn’t too loud. “Greyson, that is horrible. God, he must have been so embarrassed.”

“He doesn’t remember doing it, he was that drunk,” he smirked.

“Did Oliver know what was going on?” I asked, trying to keep my cheeks normal and not flushed at the mention of his name.

“Yeah he did, he was all for it. I tell you, he’s pretty fun. We’re going to catch a game next week sometime when he’s off work,” he said, divulging in a deep conversation about his new bromance.

I sat there listening to it all. “Seems like you have made a new friend then.”

“Don’t be jealous, you’re still my number one girl,” Greyson winked.

I laughed. “I better be, or else.”

While we sat there talking over our drinks I could help but think about him and Oliver being friends, I wasn’t sure how I felt about it. What it was going to be like when I see him again, especially if he was with his wife still. I know I should feel guilty and horrible, a home wrecker even but I can’t help but want to see him again. I want to know more about him, maybe it was just my hormones or maybe it was something more between us.