The Dark Days

Okay, so I decided to write a fan fiction for once in my life. I had before but only for fun. Now I decided to write this one and I think it's good so far. At first I was thinking of writing about how Panem began and before it started, The USA still up. But then I decided that would take a while to write about so I wrote about the Dark Days, the first rebellion, the war started. When The Hunger Games began. Before and After that.

Enjoy!

VOMMENT!

Tell me if you like it so far, please.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Clasping my hand over my pearl necklace, I watched my mother and father die right before my eyes. I held my cry. I couldn't be revealed or else they would kill me as well, my parents wouldn't want that.

My brother held his hand over my mouth as we lay under the floor boards. Our parents made a hole specifically just in case if we had to hid, it could fit all five of us. It was so no one could see us if we needed to hide. They knew we would have to after District Thirteen's rebellion against the Capitol. Thirteen has been planning this for a long while now and they finally accomplished. This war has been lasting for a long time, it better end soon.

I am not proud of them, not now. Even though I'm from Thirteen, it still doesn't move me. I hate the rebellion today. Especially since my parents were a part of it.

Tears broke through my eyes, watching my mother's limp body hit the floor and my father suffer through the bullet that flew straight to his heart. The Capitol's soldiers dressed in all white but now splattered with layers of souls and blood, high-fived each other and left my house.

A slam, our signal to leave the barricade of floors.

"Do not cry yet Orchid. Do not weep, they could still get us. They are everywhere," my brother, Tobias whispered into my ear.

He slowly pushed the floor boards, making the world more visible than through some cracks that came from the wood that covered us.

I jumped out of the floor, swiftly and quietly, watching Tobias come out as well. Placing the boards back, he grabbed a hold of my arm and pulled me. He grabbed a bag that lay under my old, about to collapse completely, bed. My brother's bed stood opposite of mine and my parents had a separate room. A few of our belongings were placed into the bag as Tobias ran through the tiny home, putting them in. I stood silently, staring at my parents bodies.

Tears dripped down my cheeks as my heart broke and broke again.

"Ready?" Tobias asked, catching his breath once he came to me.

I was kneeling at their bodies, my arms thrown over them. I felt the cold rush through me, travelling from them. Shutting my eyes, I took small breathes, easing my tears.

"Orchid, no, we have to run. At least to Twelve," he said.

I felt his presence come closer to me until he finally keeled next to me, touching my back, trying to calm me down. His warmth sparked through my system, trying to fight off the cold.

Picking myself up, I turned to face him, tears springing his eyes as well. He was fighting the urge to break down. That's what big brothers do. Fight. He hugged them quickly, taking in their scent. There were flowers on my bed side table, not so stable either, and grabbed them, placing the Primroses on top of my parents.

Tobias came up to me a grabbed my arm, leading me out of the house.

We were running, running as fast as we could away from District Eleven. Our original destination was Ten with our parents, they were rebelling as well. But we couldn't go now; The Capitol was winning, destroying every District in its path. Ever person disagreeing with them. Twelve would be a safe place since there wasn't so much of the rebelling there in the first place and that was one of the poorest districts. The poorer the Districts, the more rebelling. Talk about Twelve being complete opposed of it. The Capitol had to give them something to stop them from doing what we did.