Teen Fiction

Title: Actions Speak Louder Than Words by WintersGirl

Genre: Teen Fiction

Description:

Alone. Silent. Depressed. His father buries himself inside mountains of work, while a PSP and a skateboard is the only thing that keeps him company. Braydon can’t take it anymore. He’s bullied and made fun of because his voice isn’t normal. Without family support, he becomes a mute and runs away. It’s not long, however, before she finds him. . .before they become friends. . . before she takes him in. . . and before everything gets out of control and everybody in the whole city of New York City asking, "Where's Braydon?"

And before her brother and his father are asking, "Have you seen him?"

1. What inspired you to write this story?

There's this boy I knew from middle school. He is not mute--he can speak--but he refuses too for personal reasons. Over the years, I've only heard his voice four times. I decided to twist that one up into a story.

2. What kind of readers do you think would enjoy your story?

I think readers who do like romance and teen fiction, yet wanting a little action in here too would enjoy my story. It has many devious characters in it, and I wish to shape each character into their own personality.

3. what is your favorite genre to write about?

Teen fiction. Most definitely.

4. Have you written any other stories, if so what genre?

Fantasy :) Romance