So long, my Incubus!

What could be more perturbing than the solemnity of midnight disturbed by an unwanted visitor... 

"Tok..tok..tok.." the stillness was disturbed by a sudden knock on the wooden door. Another nightmare came into reality as the sound paved its way, invading the serene atmosphere of my darkened room. I didn't move a bit, though I felt every part of me shiver-the result of my fear... and anger. The monster paid me a visit again.

One... two... three... four... five days had passed and I haven't taken anything to fill my empty stomach. Not even a single second that I paused to take a rest. I can't, I have to be busy. It could give me the probability to cause me to forget everything that's happening. Maybe it would erase the entire burden inside the tiny space in my chest. And this night would be the end of my five-day escape... the continuation of my endless torment. 

Since I was younger, I am already aware of how cruel the earth is. I'm just 15 years old, senior high school student, smaller than any other girls at my age. The innocence in my façade covers the truth that I am very much cognizant about the things that children like me doesn't supposed to know. 

Chills run down my veins as he move towards me. Every breath I take is equivalent to hundreds of thoughts running in my mind. How I wish that he was just a VAMPIRE who only yearns for blood. That he would just suck all the blood off me to quench his thirst... till I give out my last breath. Or I hope that he's a serial killer that would just come and go... leaving me lifeless in a nocturnal scene under the cold moon. Tears rushed through my cheeks as I face the harsh truth... that he's a draconian devil, taking off every piece off me. Making me restless and torn apart-in his every attack... still breathing. An odious beast that's happy watching me suffer in pain. A monster that is more than satisfied seeing me crave for my own death. 

Feeling his arms around my body always give me a run-through of all his assaults. On how he feasted on my flesh million times before, on how he laugh whenever I experience the pain that he's causing me. If only flashbacks were daggers, I don't think an inch off me will still remain... Wondering why and how I survived? I don't know either. 

Are five years of being his slave enough to get used of the misdemeanor? Does a bed-ridden mother enough to yield in his every demand? Well I guess that answered it. My languishing mother's wish is the reason why I endured from this ruthless misery. But today is another story, my mother always tell me to do whatever he wanted me to do... even if it means doing his thing on me... or he will leave us abandoned. My own blood and flesh made me a slave of this kind of evil. Now, there's no one to command me, no one to tell me what to do or how to act. The reason of staying submissive had vanished five days ago. Less than a week since she left me alone in this miserable planet. 

The four-day wake is like cloud nine. A perfect season to resist from my hopeless and pathetic fate. He couldn't besiege me for half a week, in front of the people who came to sympathize and join us in lamenting. But hopelessly, my days in heaven are over. This night is the time that I should go back to my hell..

As his monstrous acts registered in my memories again, the scars he left pained me once more. Mixed emotions started to get in to my senses, I asked myself "Would I let this incubus devour me again?" Then silence paved its way into my mind... I felt his arms touch my frail body, my everything turned red with resentment, and my eyes enraged with fury over the man who damaged me inside-out. 

"Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Honour thy father and mother, which is the first commandment with a promise." (Ephesians chapter 6 verse 1) 

I loose hold of the knife seeing my hands turned crimson as blood  

cover them. Only the verse from the scripture floated in my mind after witnessing the demon gasp for his final breath. I broke the commandment... I killed my father.

I will no longer obey him... I am free...